US airman found dead at home near RAF Lakenheath is named
- Credit: Archant
A US Air Force (USAF) airman found dead at his home near RAF Lakenheath on Friday morning has been identified.
USAF Staff Sargeant Joshua Wikston was found dead in his off-base residence in Mundford.
Staff Sgt Wikston was assigned to the 48th Aircraft Maintenance Squadron.
Colonel Evan Pettus, 48th Fighter Wing commander, said: “Our thoughts and prayers are with Staff Sgt Wikston’s family, friends and fellow airmen.
“The entire Liberty Wing feels the impact of Josh’s loss.
You may also want to watch:
“We will do everything we can to support his family through this difficult time, and to care for the members of our team who need assistance in the wake of his death.”
Staff Sgt Wikston’s cause of death is currently under investigation.
- 1 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 2 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 3 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 4 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 5 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 6 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 7 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 8 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 9 Drunk driver failed to spot police car parked next to her
- 10 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
The USAF Office of Special Investigations will be taking it forward.