US airman found dead at home near RAF Lakenheath is named
- Credit: Archant
A US Air Force (USAF) airman found dead at his home near RAF Lakenheath on Friday morning has been identified.
USAF Staff Sargeant Joshua Wikston was found dead in his off-base residence in Mundford.
Staff Sgt Wikston was assigned to the 48th Aircraft Maintenance Squadron.
Colonel Evan Pettus, 48th Fighter Wing commander, said: “Our thoughts and prayers are with Staff Sgt Wikston’s family, friends and fellow airmen.
“The entire Liberty Wing feels the impact of Josh’s loss.
“We will do everything we can to support his family through this difficult time, and to care for the members of our team who need assistance in the wake of his death.”
Staff Sgt Wikston’s cause of death is currently under investigation.
- 1 Boys, 13 and 17 killed in horror BMW crash near A47 in Peterborough
- 2 'Normally unacceptable' barn demolition wins green light
- 3 Shoplifter who stole from store 10 times in five weeks handed CBO
- 4 Motorcyclist caught ‘speeding over 100mph’ past police near Ely
- 5 Ely Heroes winner, Alison, attends royal garden party after three-year wait
- 6 Man in his 40s suffers ‘life-changing injuries’ in major crash on A14
- 7 Pupils ensure 'Eel-izabeth' comes to life for Queen's Platinum Jubilee
- 8 'It's a gem of an untold story' - Ely author, Ellee shares new novel
- 9 New March station will 'help people to use petrol and diesel cars less'
- 10 REVEALED: The 'gang of five' who want Dr Nik Johnson gone
The USAF Office of Special Investigations will be taking it forward.