Urgent appeal to find missing 16-year-old girl
- Credit: Archant
Police in Northamptonshire are urgently seeking help to locate a 16-year-old girl who has gone missing from Northampton town centre.
Shannon Cottrell was last seen outside the Jesus Army Centre in Lower Mounts, Northampton at 8pm yesterday (Thursday, March 1).
Shannon, who is from the Doncaster area and also has links to Hull and Peterborough, is of medium build with red-dark brown hair.
The teenager was last seen wearing a grey woolly hat, a red coat, grey tracksuit bottoms and black trainers. She speaks with a northern accent.
Detective inspector Dave Harley, of Northamptonshire Police, said: “We are growing increasingly concerned for Shannon’s safety. She has not been seen since yesterday evening and it was an extremely cold night.
You may also want to watch:
“Shannon has links to south and east Yorkshire and also Cambridgeshire, and it’s possible she may have travelled or attempted to travel to these areas.
“However, it’s also possible she has travelled to another part of the country and we are appealing for Shannon or anyone who may have seen her to make contact with police immediately.”
- 1 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 2 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 3 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 4 Ely Cathedral hosts legendary jockey Frankie Dettori's only book signing
- 5 Retired murder detective, Russell, releases first book in new crime series
- 6 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 7 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 8 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 9 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 10 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
Anyone who has any information about Shannon’s whereabouts is asked to contact Northamptonshire Police on 101, quoting incident 522 of 01/03/2018.