Urgent appeal to find missing 16-year-old girl
- Credit: Archant
Police in Northamptonshire are urgently seeking help to locate a 16-year-old girl who has gone missing from Northampton town centre.
Shannon Cottrell was last seen outside the Jesus Army Centre in Lower Mounts, Northampton at 8pm yesterday (Thursday, March 1).
Shannon, who is from the Doncaster area and also has links to Hull and Peterborough, is of medium build with red-dark brown hair.
The teenager was last seen wearing a grey woolly hat, a red coat, grey tracksuit bottoms and black trainers. She speaks with a northern accent.
Detective inspector Dave Harley, of Northamptonshire Police, said: “We are growing increasingly concerned for Shannon’s safety. She has not been seen since yesterday evening and it was an extremely cold night.
“Shannon has links to south and east Yorkshire and also Cambridgeshire, and it’s possible she may have travelled or attempted to travel to these areas.
“However, it’s also possible she has travelled to another part of the country and we are appealing for Shannon or anyone who may have seen her to make contact with police immediately.”
- 1 21st century agreement on future of 17th century pub
- 2 ‘It’s sadly coming to a natural end’ - restaurant to close its doors by August
- 3 Pedestrian struck on Ely Road in Littleport
- 4 Littleport 'hit and run' on Victoria Street
- 5 Council bans use of agricultural land to extend garden
- 6 Former Baptist chapel to be turned into four-bedroom house
- 7 Councillor hits out at 'huge intransigence' over splash pad project
- 8 Village barn struck by arsonists in 4am blaze
- 9 Florist 'busier than ever' hoping to build from lockdown success
- 10 Shoplifter, 33, who assaulted woman is on the run
Anyone who has any information about Shannon’s whereabouts is asked to contact Northamptonshire Police on 101, quoting incident 522 of 01/03/2018.