Uppercutz hair and beauty salon keeps it local in Little Downham
WHEN Dawn Harris took over the Uppercutz hair and beauty salon in Little Downham it was like coming home - for she had started working there for the previous owner more than 20 years ago.
“When I was offered the salon I grabbed at the chance, I knew many of the clients, and it was great to be back,” said Dawn.
Since taking over the Main Street hair dressing salon, Dawn has added a beauty room, so the business can offer a full hair and beauty service.
The salon also stays open until 7pm on a Tuesday evening, as a popular walk-in barber shop for men who cannot get into the village during the day.
Keen to support the Ely Standard’s Keep it Local campaign, Dawn said: “We try to offer a really comprehensive local service to our clients; we do both women and men’s hairdressing; many of our clients are more like friends.
You may also want to watch:
“Last year we set up the beauty room, where our beautician does manicures, pedicures, facials, make-up, waxing, and spray tans.
“We feel this is a really good local service; it means our village clients do not have to travel into Ely for these treatments; it saves them time and petrol, as people can just walk to us.”
- 1 Drug free, drink free BMW driver crashes into wall
- 2 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 3 Motorcyclist dies in A141 crash
- 4 Former mayor begins court battle to retain pub
- 5 Mayor's ‘hop-on hop-off' public travel revolution
- 6 A141 closed after motorcycle crash
- 7 Author opens school’s new library
- 8 Village housing in disarray after all the trustees quit
- 9 Town considers home for market
- 10 Former mayor Aigars Balsevics must wait for verdict on pub fate
Dawn has been running Uppercutz since 2002; before that she stopped work to undertake childcare responsibilities for six years; and worked at the Little Downham salon for eight years for its previous owner.
For more information, contact Dawn on 01353 699412