Uppercutz hair and beauty salon keeps it local in Little Downham
WHEN Dawn Harris took over the Uppercutz hair and beauty salon in Little Downham it was like coming home - for she had started working there for the previous owner more than 20 years ago.
“When I was offered the salon I grabbed at the chance, I knew many of the clients, and it was great to be back,” said Dawn.
Since taking over the Main Street hair dressing salon, Dawn has added a beauty room, so the business can offer a full hair and beauty service.
The salon also stays open until 7pm on a Tuesday evening, as a popular walk-in barber shop for men who cannot get into the village during the day.
Keen to support the Ely Standard’s Keep it Local campaign, Dawn said: “We try to offer a really comprehensive local service to our clients; we do both women and men’s hairdressing; many of our clients are more like friends.
“Last year we set up the beauty room, where our beautician does manicures, pedicures, facials, make-up, waxing, and spray tans.
“We feel this is a really good local service; it means our village clients do not have to travel into Ely for these treatments; it saves them time and petrol, as people can just walk to us.”
- 1 First visit not 'a flying success' but pub deserves second chance
- 2 Sanctuary Housing criticised over empty homes in Ely
- 3 Person hit by train between Manea and Peterborough
- 4 Man facing eviction fears 'absolute disaster' despite council help
- 5 Lorna’s successful plea to remove £3 shower charge for disabled visitors to The Hive
- 6 'Cuckooing' drug dealer caught with cocaine to the value of £3,670
- 7 Woman who twice ignored 'no fly tipping' signs faces two fines
- 8 Fenland man repeatedly raped woman for 20 years
- 9 Child shot in face by BB gun bought at summer festival
- 10 MP officially begins new era for major UK supplier
Dawn has been running Uppercutz since 2002; before that she stopped work to undertake childcare responsibilities for six years; and worked at the Little Downham salon for eight years for its previous owner.
For more information, contact Dawn on 01353 699412