UPDATE: Police extend cordon around Ponts Hill as investigations into death of man continue
- Credit: Archant
A cordon around a street in Littleport has been extended this morning as investigations into the death of a man continue.
Cambridgeshire police put up a cordon in Ponts Hill at about 5am yesterday (Wednesday) after discovering the body of a man in his 30s, who was found dead near Littleport Fire Station.
After initial investigations, police reopened Ponts Hill at 8am but sealed it off again later in the day as forensic teams moved in.
Officers returned to the scene this morning (Thursday) and the cordon has now been extended to where Ponts Hill joins Wellington Street in one direction and Camel Road in the other.
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire police said enquiries were expected to continue throughout the day. The death is still being treated as unexplained.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information should contact Cambridgeshire police on 101.
- 1 Dr Nik 'over the moon' after pulling off shock Labour victory
- 2 Lib Dems score notable successes in East Cambridgeshire
- 3 Dr Nik Johnson elected Mayor of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
- 4 Stagecoach suspends Milton park and ride
- 5 Littleport tops poll for the lowest turnout in council elections
- 6 Drink driver TWICE rammed off-duty officers' car
- 7 Death crash driver who fled is jailed
- 8 Voters 'given a clear indication that they wish for us to try and run the council'
- 9 Farm shop receives 'overwhelming' response ahead of opening
- 10 30 East Cambs candidates compete for 8 Cambridgshire County council seats