UPDATE: Police extend cordon around Ponts Hill as investigations into death of man continue
- Credit: Archant
A cordon around a street in Littleport has been extended this morning as investigations into the death of a man continue.
Cambridgeshire police put up a cordon in Ponts Hill at about 5am yesterday (Wednesday) after discovering the body of a man in his 30s, who was found dead near Littleport Fire Station.
After initial investigations, police reopened Ponts Hill at 8am but sealed it off again later in the day as forensic teams moved in.
Officers returned to the scene this morning (Thursday) and the cordon has now been extended to where Ponts Hill joins Wellington Street in one direction and Camel Road in the other.
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire police said enquiries were expected to continue throughout the day. The death is still being treated as unexplained.
Anyone with information should contact Cambridgeshire police on 101.
- 1 Stolen caravans discovered on village site to relief of owners
- 2 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 3 East Cambs Council bins green waste collections for seven weeks
- 4 A10 dualling facing new challenges
- 5 Christmas at Wimpole illuminated trail sparks into life as countdown begins
- 6 Children among suspected hare coursers stopped in the Fens
- 7 Tributes paid to 'beloved husband' killed crossing road
- 8 Two-day operation to feature in episode four of TV series
- 9 LETTERS TO THE EDITOR: You have your say
- 10 Former army major sentenced after pillion rider dies in motorcycle crash