UPDATE: Pedestrian killed after collision with lorry named by police
A PEDESTRIAN killed in Ely on Friday following a collision with a lorry has been named by police.
Cybil Utteridge, 86, of Ribe Court, Ely, died after being hit by a lorry on St Mary’s Street in Ely at about 9.33am.
The incident took place near the junction with Downham Road, where roadworks have been taking place for the past week.
Sgt Paul Tanner said: “We are trying to establish what has happened and there is an ongoing investigation taking place.
“We are appealing for witnesses who were in the area at the time the incident took place to come forward.”
You may also want to watch:
St Mary’s was closed between West Fen Road and Minster Place while investigations took place, with both carriageways reopened by 2pm.
A spokesperson for the East of England Ambulance Service said: “Crews were called to St Mary’s Street at 9.31am to reports that a woman had been injured.
- 1 Tea rooms may become a bedsit
- 2 Parish council protests after developers switch care home for homes
- 3 OBE for former King's Ely principal
- 4 Charity shop ‘urgently appealing’ for volunteers after reopening
- 5 Van overturns after striking Ely’s infamous ‘most bashed bridge’
- 6 Parish council fails to win vote of confidence
- 7 'Harassment' forces village speedwatch team to close
- 8 Ely’s most famous cat is back for more adventures
- 9 'A crash waiting to happen' say police
- 10 Woman claims police officer ‘forced himself’ upon her
“Crews assessed and treated the woman but she was sadly declared deceased on scene.”
Contact Pc John Blood at Cambridgeshire police on 0345 456 4564.