UPDATE: Pedestrian killed after collision with lorry named by police
A PEDESTRIAN killed in Ely on Friday following a collision with a lorry has been named by police.
Cybil Utteridge, 86, of Ribe Court, Ely, died after being hit by a lorry on St Mary’s Street in Ely at about 9.33am.
The incident took place near the junction with Downham Road, where roadworks have been taking place for the past week.
Sgt Paul Tanner said: “We are trying to establish what has happened and there is an ongoing investigation taking place.
“We are appealing for witnesses who were in the area at the time the incident took place to come forward.”
St Mary’s was closed between West Fen Road and Minster Place while investigations took place, with both carriageways reopened by 2pm.
A spokesperson for the East of England Ambulance Service said: “Crews were called to St Mary’s Street at 9.31am to reports that a woman had been injured.
- 1 First visit not 'a flying success' but pub deserves second chance
- 2 Sanctuary Housing criticised over empty homes in Ely
- 3 Man facing eviction fears 'absolute disaster' despite council help
- 4 Person hit by train between Manea and Peterborough
- 5 Woman who twice ignored 'no fly tipping' signs faces two fines
- 6 Fenland man repeatedly raped woman for 20 years
- 7 Meet the boat hire firm aiming to become perfect 'stress-free' tonic
- 8 'Cuckooing' drug dealer caught with cocaine to the value of £3,670
- 9 Army assault course brought back to former glory at Waterbeach Barracks
- 10 Lorna’s successful plea to remove £3 shower charge for disabled visitors to The Hive
“Crews assessed and treated the woman but she was sadly declared deceased on scene.”
Contact Pc John Blood at Cambridgeshire police on 0345 456 4564.