UPDATE: Pedestrian killed after collision with lorry named by police
A PEDESTRIAN killed in Ely on Friday following a collision with a lorry has been named by police.
Cybil Utteridge, 86, of Ribe Court, Ely, died after being hit by a lorry on St Mary’s Street in Ely at about 9.33am.
The incident took place near the junction with Downham Road, where roadworks have been taking place for the past week.
Sgt Paul Tanner said: “We are trying to establish what has happened and there is an ongoing investigation taking place.
“We are appealing for witnesses who were in the area at the time the incident took place to come forward.”
St Mary’s was closed between West Fen Road and Minster Place while investigations took place, with both carriageways reopened by 2pm.
A spokesperson for the East of England Ambulance Service said: “Crews were called to St Mary’s Street at 9.31am to reports that a woman had been injured.
- 1 Murder trial hears of 'appalling catalogue of injuries' suffered by baby
- 2 8,000 homes plan criticised over ‘hidden green belt destruction’
- 3 Relief for clinical Soham as four-month winless run is over
- 4 Take a look inside this £600,000 converted barn hidden in the Fens
- 5 Plumbing ringleader who ‘traded under multiple names’ jailed
- 6 Supermarkets issue urgent product recall after salmonella found in products
- 7 Villagers confront the challenge of Corkers rising from the ashes
- 8 Hospital study shows daily capsules could help long Covid sufferers
- 9 Match ball from Cambridge United's victory against Newcastle to be raffled for charity
- 10 Football club reunion bids to bring good times back to Barry
“Crews assessed and treated the woman but she was sadly declared deceased on scene.”
Contact Pc John Blood at Cambridgeshire police on 0345 456 4564.