UPDATE: Pedestrian killed after collision with lorry named by police
A PEDESTRIAN killed in Ely on Friday following a collision with a lorry has been named by police.
Cybil Utteridge, 86, of Ribe Court, Ely, died after being hit by a lorry on St Mary’s Street in Ely at about 9.33am.
The incident took place near the junction with Downham Road, where roadworks have been taking place for the past week.
Sgt Paul Tanner said: “We are trying to establish what has happened and there is an ongoing investigation taking place.
“We are appealing for witnesses who were in the area at the time the incident took place to come forward.”
You may also want to watch:
St Mary’s was closed between West Fen Road and Minster Place while investigations took place, with both carriageways reopened by 2pm.
A spokesperson for the East of England Ambulance Service said: “Crews were called to St Mary’s Street at 9.31am to reports that a woman had been injured.
- 1 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 2 Pictures show cars - including Tesco delivery vans - queued at fuel pumps
- 3 Crisis, what crisis? Panic buying at the pumps in Fenland
- 4 Van driver in ‘life threatening condition’ after crash
- 5 Rings End A141 closed after three vehicle collision
- 6 Amazing escape for driver in A11 crash
- 7 Motorcyclist dies in A141 crash
- 8 Former mayor begins court battle to retain pub
- 9 Fireworks join Christmas lights on the Covid cancelled list for Ely
- 10 Sex offender caught with 76 of most serious child abuse photos
“Crews assessed and treated the woman but she was sadly declared deceased on scene.”
Contact Pc John Blood at Cambridgeshire police on 0345 456 4564.