UPDATE: Pedestrian killed after collision with lorry named by police
A PEDESTRIAN killed in Ely on Friday following a collision with a lorry has been named by police.
Cybil Utteridge, 86, of Ribe Court, Ely, died after being hit by a lorry on St Mary’s Street in Ely at about 9.33am.
The incident took place near the junction with Downham Road, where roadworks have been taking place for the past week.
Sgt Paul Tanner said: “We are trying to establish what has happened and there is an ongoing investigation taking place.
“We are appealing for witnesses who were in the area at the time the incident took place to come forward.”
You may also want to watch:
St Mary’s was closed between West Fen Road and Minster Place while investigations took place, with both carriageways reopened by 2pm.
A spokesperson for the East of England Ambulance Service said: “Crews were called to St Mary’s Street at 9.31am to reports that a woman had been injured.
- 1 NHS worker breaks ribs, ankle and fractures leg in four car pile-up
- 2 Potamogeton Trichoides has the last word on £6.5m Mepal crematorium
- 3 Theatre group stream panto online for those who missed it due to lockdown
- 4 Gin could be just the tonic needed for dilapidated farm buildings
- 5 Spat at police officer tests positive for Covid-19
- 6 Vaccine roll-out begins, 12 hours a day, seven days a week
- 7 Artist impressions of how Mepal will be transformed into a £6.5m crematorium
- 8 Company ‘paralysed by Brexit’ forced to open warehouse in Holland
- 9 Cambs city voted ‘most likely to survive zombie apocalypse’
- 10 Dad of two killed on Fen road
“Crews assessed and treated the woman but she was sadly declared deceased on scene.”
Contact Pc John Blood at Cambridgeshire police on 0345 456 4564.