UPDATE: Motorcyclist killed and man arrested following smash
A MOTORCYCLIST who died following a collision near Newmarket on Sunday has been identified by police.
Suffolk police were contacted by the ambulance service just after 5.35pm on Sunday, reporting a collision in Willie Snaith Road.
The rider of a Kawasaki motorcycle lost control of his bike and was then in collision with a lamp post.
Despite the efforts of paramedics, the male motorcyclist was sadly pronounced dead at the scene.
The biker has been identified as Shaun Liam Cronin, aged 17, from Manderston Road, Newmarket.
You may also want to watch:
Police arrested a 30-year-old man from Newmarket, who is believed to have been driving a VW Bora in close proximity to the motorcycle, on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving.
The man has been bailed pending further enquiries and will return to the Bury St Edmunds Police Investigation Centre on September 3.
- 1 Drug free, drink free BMW driver crashes into wall
- 2 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 3 Motorcyclist dies in A141 crash
- 4 Former mayor begins court battle to retain pub
- 5 Mayor's ‘hop-on hop-off' public travel revolution
- 6 A141 closed after motorcycle crash
- 7 Author opens school’s new library
- 8 Village housing in disarray after all the trustees quit
- 9 Town considers home for market
- 10 Former mayor Aigars Balsevics must wait for verdict on pub fate
An investigation is underway to determine exactly what happened, and police have spoken to a number of witnesses but are asking anyone who may have seen the vehicles prior to collision or the crash itself, who has not yet talked to officers, to call Pc Danny Ormes at the Serious Collision Investigation Team at Suffolk Police on 101.