UPDATE: Man charged after police chase car which failed to stop for officers
- Credit: Archant
A man from Haddenham has been charged following a police pursuit in Newmarket where a car failed to stop for police.
Darren Thurling, 38, from Duck Lane, Haddenham, has been charged with taking a motor vehicle without the owner’s consent, using a motor vehicle without insurance and driving a motor vehicle without a licence.
The vehicle, a Volvo, had been taken from an address in Soham on March 23.
Thurling will appear at Cambridge Magistrates’ Court on April 9.
A 32-year-old man from Ely, who was arrested on suspicion of drink driving and dangerous driving has been bailed to return to the Bury St Edmunds Police Investigation Centre on April 30.
No further action will be taken against a 31-year-old woman from Ely who was arrested on suspicion of theft.
- 1 Stolen caravans discovered on village site to relief of owners
- 2 East Cambs Council bins green waste collections for seven weeks
- 3 A10 dualling facing new challenges
- 4 Children among suspected hare coursers stopped in the Fens
- 5 Former army major sentenced after pillion rider dies in motorcycle crash
- 6 Two-day operation to feature in episode four of TV series
- 7 New cycling and walking routes strategy approved by council
- 8 Princess Eugenie on mission to stop modern slavery
- 9 Christmas at Wimpole illuminated trail sparks into life as countdown begins
- 10 Fens business park goes to auction - for up to £700,000