UPDATE: Man charged after police chase car which failed to stop for officers
- Credit: Archant
A man from Haddenham has been charged following a police pursuit in Newmarket where a car failed to stop for police.
Darren Thurling, 38, from Duck Lane, Haddenham, has been charged with taking a motor vehicle without the owner’s consent, using a motor vehicle without insurance and driving a motor vehicle without a licence.
The vehicle, a Volvo, had been taken from an address in Soham on March 23.
Thurling will appear at Cambridge Magistrates’ Court on April 9.
A 32-year-old man from Ely, who was arrested on suspicion of drink driving and dangerous driving has been bailed to return to the Bury St Edmunds Police Investigation Centre on April 30.
You may also want to watch:
No further action will be taken against a 31-year-old woman from Ely who was arrested on suspicion of theft.
- 1 Dr Nik 'over the moon' after pulling off shock Labour victory
- 2 Lib Dems score notable successes in East Cambridgeshire
- 3 Dr Nik Johnson elected Mayor of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
- 4 Littleport tops poll for the lowest turnout in council elections
- 5 Stagecoach suspends Milton park and ride
- 6 Drink driver TWICE rammed off-duty officers' car
- 7 Death crash driver who fled is jailed
- 8 Voters 'given a clear indication that they wish for us to try and run the council'
- 9 Farm shop receives 'overwhelming' response ahead of opening
- 10 30 East Cambs candidates compete for 8 Cambridgshire County council seats