UPDATE: Duo held in connection with murder are bailed
A 22-YEAR-old man arrested on suspicion of murdering Chittering pensioner Llywelyn Thomas has been bailed.
Officers announced early on Thursday morning that the man, from the Cambridge area, was to be bailed to return to Parkside Police Station in Cambridge on February 15.
A 21-year-old woman arrested in connection with the death has also been bailed by police.
The woman, from the Cambridge area, was arrested on suspicion of assisting an offender earlier this week as part of ongoing police inquires into the death of the 76-year-old retired farmer.
Mr Thomas’ body was discovered by officers at his Ely Road home on December 18, with a post mortem revealing he had died as a result of injuries to his head and face.
You may also want to watch:
The woman must return to Parkside Police Station in Cambridge on February 15.
- 1 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 2 Pictures show cars - including Tesco delivery vans - queued at fuel pumps
- 3 Crisis, what crisis? Panic buying at the pumps in Fenland
- 4 Van driver in ‘life threatening condition’ after crash
- 5 Rings End A141 closed after three vehicle collision
- 6 Amazing escape for driver in A11 crash
- 7 Motorcyclist dies in A141 crash
- 8 Former mayor begins court battle to retain pub
- 9 Fireworks join Christmas lights on the Covid cancelled list for Ely
- 10 100mph, 20-minute police pursuit ends with a crash – and later with jail