UPDATE: Duo held in connection with murder are bailed
A 22-YEAR-old man arrested on suspicion of murdering Chittering pensioner Llywelyn Thomas has been bailed.
Officers announced early on Thursday morning that the man, from the Cambridge area, was to be bailed to return to Parkside Police Station in Cambridge on February 15.
A 21-year-old woman arrested in connection with the death has also been bailed by police.
The woman, from the Cambridge area, was arrested on suspicion of assisting an offender earlier this week as part of ongoing police inquires into the death of the 76-year-old retired farmer.
Mr Thomas’ body was discovered by officers at his Ely Road home on December 18, with a post mortem revealing he had died as a result of injuries to his head and face.
You may also want to watch:
The woman must return to Parkside Police Station in Cambridge on February 15.
- 1 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 2 Homes 'siloed on edge of village like old-style council estate'
- 3 Village’s community Co-op will open next month after New Year delays
- 4 Retirement complex proposals encounter a sticky situation
- 5 NHS worker breaks ribs, ankle and fractures leg in four car pile-up
- 6 Car hits A14 barrier near Newmarket
- 7 Housing first battleground in mayor elections for Cambridgeshire
- 8 MP visits hospital about to become centre of Covid-19 vaccine rollout
- 9 Viewers react to 'brilliant' 24 Hours in Police Custody: Black Widow
- 10 Dad of two killed on Fen road