UPDATE: Duo held in connection with murder are bailed
A 22-YEAR-old man arrested on suspicion of murdering Chittering pensioner Llywelyn Thomas has been bailed.
Officers announced early on Thursday morning that the man, from the Cambridge area, was to be bailed to return to Parkside Police Station in Cambridge on February 15.
A 21-year-old woman arrested in connection with the death has also been bailed by police.
The woman, from the Cambridge area, was arrested on suspicion of assisting an offender earlier this week as part of ongoing police inquires into the death of the 76-year-old retired farmer.
Mr Thomas’ body was discovered by officers at his Ely Road home on December 18, with a post mortem revealing he had died as a result of injuries to his head and face.
You may also want to watch:
The woman must return to Parkside Police Station in Cambridge on February 15.
- 1 Parish council protests after developers switch care home for homes
- 2 Tea rooms may become a bedsit
- 3 OBE for former King's Ely principal
- 4 Charity shop ‘urgently appealing’ for volunteers after reopening
- 5 Van overturns after striking Ely’s infamous ‘most bashed bridge’
- 6 Parish council fails to win vote of confidence
- 7 'Harassment' forces village speedwatch team to close
- 8 'A crash waiting to happen' say police
- 9 Ely’s most famous cat is back for more adventures
- 10 Woman claims police officer ‘forced himself’ upon her