UPDATE: A142 reopened following rush hour accident
THERE were long delays on the A142 between Ely and Soham on Monday morning after a car overturned in the road.
Police and fire crews were called at about 6.40am after reports that a car had overturned and collided with a tree near the junction with Barway.
Police said the man suffered serious injuries in the collision and had to be cut free by fire-fighters before being taken to Addenbrooke’s Hospital in Cambridge at about 7.30am.
Highways Agency officials and police remained at the scene and officers were directing traffic, causing long delays in both directions.
The road remained partially closed until about 9.45am according to police.
You may also want to watch:
Ambualnce service spokesman Gary Sanderson said: “Following treatment by ambulance crews at the roadside, a man was taken to Addenbrooke’s Hospital for further assessments.”
- 1 Emergency services – including two air ambulances – rush to A10 crash
- 2 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 3 Biggest village in Cambridgeshire to get even bigger
- 4 New youth centre could be built in Littleport
- 5 Pedestrian dies crossing busy Cambridgeshire road
- 6 Burglar who was spared by judge stole from woman three days later
- 7 East Cambridgeshire is ‘home to the noisiest neighbours in the country’
- 8 Three hare coursers - with three children and three dogs in car - fined for damaging crops
- 9 Care home still 'requires improvement'
- 10 'Well, here's another nice mess you've gotten me into'