UPDATE: A142 reopened following rush hour accident
THERE were long delays on the A142 between Ely and Soham on Monday morning after a car overturned in the road.
Police and fire crews were called at about 6.40am after reports that a car had overturned and collided with a tree near the junction with Barway.
Police said the man suffered serious injuries in the collision and had to be cut free by fire-fighters before being taken to Addenbrooke’s Hospital in Cambridge at about 7.30am.
Highways Agency officials and police remained at the scene and officers were directing traffic, causing long delays in both directions.
The road remained partially closed until about 9.45am according to police.
You may also want to watch:
Ambualnce service spokesman Gary Sanderson said: “Following treatment by ambulance crews at the roadside, a man was taken to Addenbrooke’s Hospital for further assessments.”
- 1 Did you go to Newmarket Nights? Spot yourself in our gallery
- 2 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 3 Not breaking news: Vicar with a vision, illegal fishing, workhouses and fork theft
- 4 SAS ‘original’ Reg Seekings to feature in book
- 5 Sweet Caroline and a dodgy knee - review of Olly Murs at Newmarket Nights
- 6 Jail for 'predator' who raped vulnerable woman in children's play park
- 7 Town rallies in fight for new hospital
- 8 Knife attack man jailed for 10 years over £20 'debt'
- 9 Blush crowned best bridal shop in Cambs
- 10 ‘Distressed cries’ of beagles fuel animal research unit protest