UPDATE: A142 reopened following rush hour accident
THERE were long delays on the A142 between Ely and Soham on Monday morning after a car overturned in the road.
Police and fire crews were called at about 6.40am after reports that a car had overturned and collided with a tree near the junction with Barway.
Police said the man suffered serious injuries in the collision and had to be cut free by fire-fighters before being taken to Addenbrooke’s Hospital in Cambridge at about 7.30am.
Highways Agency officials and police remained at the scene and officers were directing traffic, causing long delays in both directions.
The road remained partially closed until about 9.45am according to police.
You may also want to watch:
Ambualnce service spokesman Gary Sanderson said: “Following treatment by ambulance crews at the roadside, a man was taken to Addenbrooke’s Hospital for further assessments.”
- 1 Dr Nik 'over the moon' after pulling off shock Labour victory
- 2 Lib Dems score notable successes in East Cambridgeshire
- 3 Dr Nik Johnson elected Mayor of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
- 4 Littleport tops poll for the lowest turnout in council elections
- 5 Drink driver TWICE rammed off-duty officers' car
- 6 Voters 'given a clear indication that they wish for us to try and run the council'
- 7 Death crash driver who fled is jailed
- 8 Stagecoach suspends Milton park and ride
- 9 Farm shop receives 'overwhelming' response ahead of opening
- 10 30 East Cambs candidates compete for 8 Cambridgshire County council seats