Unit staff celebrate 10th anniversary
STAFF at Ely s specialist head injury unit, the Oliver Zangwill Centre, are celebrating its 10th anniversary this year. They will be marking the anniversary with a number of events over the coming months, starting with a trip to St Petersburg in Russia as
STAFF at Ely's specialist head injury unit, the Oliver Zangwill Centre, are celebrating its 10th anniversary this year.
They will be marking the anniversary with a number of events over the coming months, starting with a trip to St Petersburg in Russia as part of a partnership programme.
Professor Barbara Wilson, Dr Fergus Gracey, Donna Malley, and clinical manager Dr Andrew Bateman, will have the opportunity to visit neurological rehabilitation facilities before leading a conference and two-day workshop this month.
The event is being held as part of the Anglo Russian Neurological Partnership Programme and there is the potential for further exchanges in the future.
You may also want to watch:
In July staff have research papers accepted for presentation at the Society for Research in Rehabilitation in London and clinical psychologist, Dr Fergus Gracey, and Dr Bateman have been invited to lead a symposium at the International Neuropsychological Society in Zurich.
In September there is a conference on working with families after acquired brain injury. and in November there will be a two-day international conference held at Cambridge's Hinxton Hall.
- 1 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 4 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 5 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 6 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 7 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 8 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
- 9 Council expects to spend £2.4m less on older people due to 'Covid loss'
- 10 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
A charity ball on November 16 will raise money for the centre and the brain injury charity Headway, Cambridge.
The following month staff will run a workshop, rather aptly named, Fatigue!
Further information about these events is available on the website www.ozc.nhs.uk