Unit staff celebrate 10th anniversary
STAFF at Ely s specialist head injury unit, the Oliver Zangwill Centre, are celebrating its 10th anniversary this year. They will be marking the anniversary with a number of events over the coming months, starting with a trip to St Petersburg in Russia as
STAFF at Ely's specialist head injury unit, the Oliver Zangwill Centre, are celebrating its 10th anniversary this year.
They will be marking the anniversary with a number of events over the coming months, starting with a trip to St Petersburg in Russia as part of a partnership programme.
Professor Barbara Wilson, Dr Fergus Gracey, Donna Malley, and clinical manager Dr Andrew Bateman, will have the opportunity to visit neurological rehabilitation facilities before leading a conference and two-day workshop this month.
The event is being held as part of the Anglo Russian Neurological Partnership Programme and there is the potential for further exchanges in the future.
In July staff have research papers accepted for presentation at the Society for Research in Rehabilitation in London and clinical psychologist, Dr Fergus Gracey, and Dr Bateman have been invited to lead a symposium at the International Neuropsychological Society in Zurich.
In September there is a conference on working with families after acquired brain injury. and in November there will be a two-day international conference held at Cambridge's Hinxton Hall.
- 1 Man caught red-handed after series of drug raids
- 2 Post office and village shop moves into old Baptist chapel
- 3 Baby murder trial jury told dad was angry at social services involvement
- 4 Man in 50s dies after medical incident in field
- 5 'She had her whole life ahead of her': Charity skydive in memory of fatal crash victim
- 6 Aspiring photographer, 10, captures Ely's winter sunrise on camera
- 7 Eco-home will be icing on the cake for 'Good Life' couple
- 8 Murder suspects continue to be quizzed as detectives seek CCTV
- 9 'Shocking' abuse left partner 'vulnerable and afraid'
- 10 Sewage upgrade to continue in village with two-way traffic lights
A charity ball on November 16 will raise money for the centre and the brain injury charity Headway, Cambridge.
The following month staff will run a workshop, rather aptly named, Fatigue!
Further information about these events is available on the website www.ozc.nhs.uk