UKIP reveals Deborah Rennie as 2015 General Election candidate for South East Cambridgeshire
- Credit: Archant
UKIP’s parliamentary candidate for South East Cambridgeshire has been announced.
Deborah Rennie has been chosen by the branch members to represent the party at the 2015 General Election.
She said: “I have spent my working life as a Human Resources professional, interacting with a variety of people from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
“I became involved with Ukip in 2013, having become increasingly disillusioned with the established political parties who, in my view, were failing to listen to the electorate and failing to deliver on their promises.
“Instead of fruitcakes, loonies and closet racists, I have met some wonderful, talented people from all walks of life, who have come together as a result of their commitment to protect the future of Britain.
You may also want to watch:
“I believe politics is about people. I believe MPs should serve their constituency, actively seeking and listening to the peoples views and supporting and representing them locally and in the House of Commons.
“I will do my utmost to meet as many residents of the constituency as possible, to listen to their views, concerns and aspirations in order to be better able to represent them.”
- 1 Village pub limits reopening to ‘bread and butter customers’ only
- 2 Park and ride from Milton to return next month
- 3 Action this day as new alliance slashes £72k from councillors' allowance budget
- 4 Witchford hold their heads high despite narrow Cambs League cup exit
- 5 Hifields to bring world-class artists and 6,000 festival-goers to Cambridgeshire countryside
- 6 Shoppers rush to help man injured after falling in High Street
- 7 Family pay tribute to ‘talented’ father-of-three veteran killed in crash
- 8 Letter: Amazing reunion for couple thanks to paramedics
- 9 Man charged with armed robbery in Fenland
- 10 Family traumatised as their beloved Waffle shot in the face