UK’s most famous steam train, The Flying Scotsman, to make Ely to Norwich trip next week - and you can be on board
- Credit: Archant
Train enthusiasts in East Cambridgeshire have been given the chance to enjoy a journey through the Fens aboard one of the world’s most famous steam trains.
The Flying Scotsman will be taking locals on a trip to Norwich, and will depart on Wednesday October 18 from Ely Rail Station.
The Cathedral Express will leave Ely at roughly 5.30pm and steam across the Fens to Norwich, where passengers will have an hour to explore before making the return journey.
Marcus Robertson, chairman of Steam Dreams, which organises day trips and holidays by steam with the Flying Scotsman, said: “This will be our first visit to East Anglia with Flying Scotsman, which promises to be a fantastic experience for those on board.”
Tickets are available in four classes, ranging from £79 to £205 per person. £205 Premium tickets will buy an evening meal with wine, whilst £79 tickets will buy seats at tables of four in open carriages with complimentary tea and coffee.
You may also want to watch:
For more information, visit www.steamdreams.co.uk.
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 3 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 4 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 5 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 6 Triple judo Olympic champion to give masterclass for Ely Dojo
- 7 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 8 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 9 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 10 New-look Crusaders show fighting spirit to earn comeback triumph