Two Sutton mums prepare to run slimming groups
TWO Sutton mums who joined Slimming World after piling on the pounds during their pregnancies are about the start their own slimming groups to help others fight the flab.
Jenna Yardy, who lost more than 5st, is preparing to re-launch the Willingham Slimming World group; and Lucy Akaslan, who lost an impressive 3st after the birth of her second baby, will be re-launching a group in Cambridge.
Lucy said: “I put on a lot of weight with my first pregnancy and after the baby was born I didn’t dare get on the scales. When I found out I was pregnant for the second time I was still wearing maternity clothes, as my old clothes didn’t fit. By the time my second baby was born I was feeling fat and frumpy and decided I needed to do something about my weight so I joined my local Slimming World group and lost 3 stone in 10 months.”
Jenna added: “Since joining Slimming World I have discovered the freedom to enjoy real food. I soon realised that this was a way of life. It was different from restrictive diets, which had always led to failure in the past. Within a year I had lost the weight I gained during pregnancy and more.”
Jenna’s group starts on Tuesday October 16 at Willingham Primary School at 7.30pm, and Lucy’s group starts on the same date, at the Morley Memorial School in Blinco Grove, Cambridge, at 7.30pm.
You may also want to watch:
Contact Jenna on 07590066130, or Lucy on 07813046335
- 1 Shoppers rush to help man injured after falling in High Street
- 2 ‘We are still struggling to cope’: Pet rescuers face ‘horrific situation’
- 3 Residents 'horrified' by Swastika graffiti in grounds of Ely Cathedral
- 4 Lockdown easing - 10 pubs and restaurants say welcome back
- 5 Police swoop on Chatteris housing estate following machete threat
- 6 Man remains in custody after 'firearm and threat to kill' arrest
- 7 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 8 Littleport marks Royal British Legion centenary year with moving ceremony
- 9 Family traumatised as their beloved Waffle shot in the face
- 10 Charity shop supervisor fraudster must pay back £2,550