Two Soham slimmers lose more than 12st between them
- Credit: Archant
Two ladies have transformed their lives after losing an incredible 12 and a half stones between them.
Mother of one Rachel Catton, 29, and Rebecca Harrison, 35, both from Soham, have shed the weight since they joined Soham’s Slimming World club, which is run by Diane Anderson.
When Mrs Catton joined slimming world in April 2013, she weighed 19st.
Since then, through her hard work and with the support of the group, she has lost six and a half stone.
She said: “I would have struggled to lose weight on my own, but being part of a group was the key to my success.
You may also want to watch:
“The group is so warm, friendly and caring - there is never any judgement, no discrimination and no humiliation.
“I’m still able to cook my favourite meals such as curries and spaghetti Bolognese.”
- 1 Homes 'siloed on edge of village like old-style council estate'
- 2 Car hits A14 barrier near Newmarket
- 3 NHS worker breaks ribs, ankle and fractures leg in four car pile-up
- 4 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 5 MP visits hospital about to become centre of Covid-19 vaccine rollout
- 6 Retirement complex proposals encounter a sticky situation
- 7 Potamogeton Trichoides has the last word on £6.5m Mepal crematorium
- 8 Village’s community Co-op will open next month after New Year delays
- 9 Win vouchers to spend at supermarket
- 10 Gin could be just the tonic needed for dilapidated farm buildings
Mrs Harrison has been a member of the group since June last year.
On joining she weighed 19st but her transformation has been every bit as impressive as Mrs Catton’s.
The nursery nurse, who has shed 6st, hopes other ladies will follow in her footsteps and be inspired to get healthier.
She said: “My top tips are don’t give up, if you have a bad day then you can always start again the next day.
“You need to persevere, some weeks will be harder than others but keep going.”
For more information about the Soham Slimming World groups call Diane on 01353 723381 or come along to Soham pavilion on Mondays at 9.30am, 5.30pm and 7.30pm.