Two killed in road accidents
A SOHAM man and a motorcyclist have been killed and others injured after a spate of road crashes across the district. Car passenger, Ronald Barber, 77, of Holmes Lane, died when he was involved in a collision with another car. The accident happened around
A SOHAM man and a motorcyclist have been killed and others injured after a spate of road crashes across the district.
Car passenger, Ronald Barber, 77, of Holmes Lane, died when he was involved in a collision with another car.
The accident happened around 7.15pm as Mr Barber was travelling along Soham's A142 near the Barkham Road junction.
He was a passenger in a silver Ford Mondeo car driven by a 37-year-old man from Soham who was uninjured.
You may also want to watch:
An 82-year-old woman, a passenger in a green Ford Mondeo involved in the crash, suffered minor injuries and was taken to Cambridge's Addenbrooke's Hospital.
A third car, a Toyota Avensis, was damaged by debris from the collision but its driver, a 58-year-old man from Norfolk, escaped unhurt.
- 1 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 2 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 3 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 4 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 5 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 6 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 7 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 8 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 9 Heroin dealer kept machete at home
- 10 Rail volunteers recognised at awards ceremony
Pc Pete Simpson, from Cambridgeshire Road Policing Unit, who is investigating the crash said: "I would appeal to anyone who was travelling on that stretch of the A142 road. Did you see the collision or the vehicles in the moments leading up to the collision?"
A motorcyclist, who has not been named, died in a crash with a Soham driver on the B1049 Twentypence Road at Cottenham on Tuesday afternoon.
The accident happened around 3.15pm when a silver Citroen, driven by a 28-year-old man, was involved in a crash with the silver Yamaha motorcycle.
The driver escaped unhurt in the accident and police have appealed for witnesses.
In Earith a woman had a lucky escape when her car crashed into two lamp-posts and landed upside down in a ditch on Wednesday morning.
The woman, in her 40s who was driving a Ford Focus Zetec and who has not been named, managed to crawl out of the wreckage of her car and was taken to hospital with slight injuries.
No other vehicle was involved in the crash.
Council workers were called to carry out work on one of the lamp-posts which was left broken with its wiring exposed.