Two injured after lorry crashes into a tree by the A10 near Ely, Cambridgeshire
- Credit: Archant
Two people have been injured after a lorry crashed into a tree on the A10 near Ely.
Fire crews from Ely were called to help with the rescue operation after the incident near Stretham.
A fire service spokesman said two of their crews were called to the scene.
The spokesman said their firefighters were able to release two casualties using specialist cutting equipment.
“The two casualties were left in the care of the ambulance crews,” he said.
You may also want to watch:
The crash happened at around 3.30am.
Fire crews returned to their base two hours later.
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 5 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 6 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 7 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 8 Heroin dealer kept machete at home
- 9 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 10 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
The A10 was closed whilst emergency services dealt with the incident.