Soham duo to take on Bloodwise Blenheim Palace Triathlon for two local charities
- Credit: Archant
Two fitness fanatic work friends from Soham will be raising money for local charities when they compete in the Bloodwise Blenheim Palace Triathlon this Sunday (June 3).
Mark Knibbs and Mike FitzGerald, who are part of a Godolphin Triathlon Team, will take part in the event which consists of a 750m swim, 19.8km bike ride and a 5.4km run.
They will be raising funds for two Air Ambulance charities, MAGPAS and East Anglian Air Ambulance.
On average it costs £3,000 for every call-out for the charities, who bring crucial life saving care by land and air to patients in life-threatening emergencies in the East of England.
Mark said: “Mike roped me into competing, he can be pretty persuasive at times, that said, there’s some healthy competition within the team, and raising a good amount for the charities is a great motivator.”
You may also want to watch:
The team have set up a Virgin Money Giving page for people to donate to their cause.
Visit: http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/Team/GodolphinTriTeamBlenheim2018 for more information.
- 1 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 2 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 3 WATCH: The Fens celebrates its own 'Ark of Triumph'
- 4 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Man found dead in March
- 6 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 7 MP oversees climate change mock debate at Ely College
- 8 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 9 Church to hold churchyards training day
- 10 Pubs team up to raise £3,500 for British Heart Foundation