Two escaped donkeys found wandering up and down Asda car park in Soham - they were out enjoying ‘a spot of early morning shopping’
- Credit: Archant
Two escaped donkeys were found wandering up and down the car park of Asda in Soham on Friday morning.
Police constable Rob Knapper had an unusual end to his night shift when he found the donkeys who belong to Park Farm in Little Downham.
PC Knapper said: “The donkeys were very well behaved (neither drunk nor disorderly) and clearly well cared for.
“We can reassure local residents that no harm was caused and the escapees were collected very quickly once the farm was notified.
“We’re grateful to Park Farm for their swift response to our call.”
A police spokesman posted on the Facebook page Policing East Cambridgeshire: “PC Knapper had finished his paperwork on time and had assumed that he would finish his duty on time.
“We all know what happens when we assume...
- 1 Police take a tough stance as begging crackdown continues
- 2 E-scooter crackdown sees crimes drop by third across county
- 3 REVEALED: The 'gang of five' who want Dr Nik Johnson gone
- 4 ‘Wonderful’ Thanksgiving Evensong as Archdeacon steps down from role after 17 years
- 5 Tomorrow's lunar eclipse: How and when to see it
- 6 Latino 'feeling' comes together for South American venue on launch night
- 7 Ely by-election after death of 'marvellous' parish councillor
- 8 Visit Ely announces series of fun-packed events ahead of The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee
- 9 Caught on camera the moment an otter came up for dinner
- 10 Detached home in tranquil riverside setting on sale for £750,000
“The two donkeys had escaped for a spot of early morning shopping, and enjoyed a wander up and down Clay Street.”