Two drivers hospitalised and cars ‘damaged beyond repair’ after crash on A142 at Soham
- Credit: Archant
Two drivers had to be taken to hospital this morning after a collision on the A142 at Soham.
The two-vehicle collision, which involved a silver Vauxhall Corsa and a silver Volkswagen Polo, happened at around 7am. Both vehicles were written off after the crash.
Officers attending the scene were PCs Simon Rampley, Jack Briggs and Ricky Denton.
PC Briggs said: “There may be issues with visibility at the junction, however that remains to be proven. Both vehicles are clearly damaged beyond repair and the disruption to local traffic has been significant.
“The most important issue is the welfare of both drivers and we hope they make a speedy recovery from their injuries.
You may also want to watch:
“We ask everyone to take care on the road - we know that the conditions for rural driving are always more challenging than those presented in urban and suburban environments.”
The road has been cleared.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 3 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 4 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 5 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 6 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 7 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 8 City short-listed to house Museum of Brexit
- 9 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 10 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station