Two men arrested following the stabbing of man in his 20s in Cambridgeshire village
- Credit: Archant
Two men have now been arrested after the stabbing of a man in his 20s in a Cambridgeshire village on Wednesday night (June 13).
Officers were called to the Willingham house on Silver Street at around 11pm by the ambulance crews following reports of a violent incident.
A Cambridgeshire Police spokesman said: “A 22-year-old man and a 24-year old man, both form Willingham, have been arrested on suspicion of conspiracy to commit GBH and taken to Parkside Police Station where they remains.
“We were called yesterday at 11.10pm by the ambulance service to reports of violence in Silver Street, Willingham.
“A man in his 20s was taken to Addenbrooke’s Hospital with stab wounds but was later discharged.”
You may also want to watch:
Witnesses say the house has been cornered off with police tape as investigations take place.
One claimed that there was tape around a nearby bin as well as evidence bags covering ‘something on the floor’.
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 3 Triple judo Olympic champion to give masterclass for Ely Dojo
- 4 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 5 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 6 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 7 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire
- 8 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut
- 9 80 ‘pieces of graffiti’ removed by council in just six months
- 10 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
The spokesman added: “Crime officers have attended the area and an investigation is ongoing. It is being treated as an isolated incident.”
Anyone with information regarding this incident should call police on 101 quoting CC-13062018-0525 or visit: www.cambs.police.uk/report
Alternatively, contact Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111 or via: www.crimestoppers-uk.org