Two arrested in cannabis probe
TWO men were arrested on Tuesday in connection with a cannabis factory discovered in Haddenham.
TWO more men were arrested on Tuesday in connection with a cannabis factory discovered in Haddenham.
Officers initially arrested four men in connection with the �2.4 million factory found in the village but further investigations led them to make two more arrests on Tuesday.
Forty-four -year-old Marcus Burton of Montfort Way, Cambridge was arrested and charged with conspiracy to produce cannabis and will appear before magistrates in Cambridge this morning (Wednesday).
A 40-year-old man from Huntingdon was also arrested but later bailed to return to Parkside Police Station in Cambridge.
Three men appeared before magistrates in Cambridge on Saturday to answer charges of conspiracy to produce a class B drug.
Police discovered more than 7,000 cannabis plants following a raid at Tree Farm on Hill Row, Haddenham on July 8 with an estimated street value of more than �2 million.
- 1 Thief will spend Christmas in prison after breaching court order
- 2 Taxi firm introduce ‘hangover recovery kits’ during Christmas party season
- 3 Council's plea to protect East Cambs from Covid-19 this Christmas
- 4 Rail passengers urged to plan ahead of vital junction rebuild
- 5 New-look girls' team bolstered on and off the pitch
- 6 'She will be sorely missed' - Rev Teresa retires
- 7 Therapy dogs' ‘meet and greet’ in Ely raises £130 for charity
- 8 St Ives man undergoes pioneering heart treatment
- 9 Air cadet Rory given fitting farewell after loyal service
- 10 Crowds enjoy all on offer at city’s yule pagan and alternative fayre
Forty-year-old Michael Orchard from Orchard Close in Warboys, Craig Green, 29, of Primose Lane, Huntingdon and 24-year-old Kyle Green, also of Primose Lane in Huntingdon appeared before magistrates on Saturday where they were remanded in custody to appear at Cambridge Crown Court on October 15 for a plea hearing.