Two arrested in cannabis probe
TWO men were arrested on Tuesday in connection with a cannabis factory discovered in Haddenham.
TWO more men were arrested on Tuesday in connection with a cannabis factory discovered in Haddenham.
Officers initially arrested four men in connection with the �2.4 million factory found in the village but further investigations led them to make two more arrests on Tuesday.
Forty-four -year-old Marcus Burton of Montfort Way, Cambridge was arrested and charged with conspiracy to produce cannabis and will appear before magistrates in Cambridge this morning (Wednesday).
A 40-year-old man from Huntingdon was also arrested but later bailed to return to Parkside Police Station in Cambridge.
Three men appeared before magistrates in Cambridge on Saturday to answer charges of conspiracy to produce a class B drug.
Police discovered more than 7,000 cannabis plants following a raid at Tree Farm on Hill Row, Haddenham on July 8 with an estimated street value of more than �2 million.
- 1 Car rolled in crash on A14
- 2 Fire crews called to car fire on railway line
- 3 Councillor quits as voters get set for two Ely by-elections
- 4 Caravan site wants 10 new lodges to cope with demand
- 5 Smoke plume in village near Cambridge thought to be car fire
- 6 MP officially begins new era for major UK supplier
- 7 Warwick Davis and daughter Annabelle cut the ribbon at special opening
- 8 Have your say on proposed commercial development in Ely
- 9 Insurers to pay for £725,000 house replacement
- 10 Drink-driver 'almost hit police car' in crash
Forty-year-old Michael Orchard from Orchard Close in Warboys, Craig Green, 29, of Primose Lane, Huntingdon and 24-year-old Kyle Green, also of Primose Lane in Huntingdon appeared before magistrates on Saturday where they were remanded in custody to appear at Cambridge Crown Court on October 15 for a plea hearing.