Two arrested in cannabis probe
TWO men were arrested on Tuesday in connection with a cannabis factory discovered in Haddenham.
TWO more men were arrested on Tuesday in connection with a cannabis factory discovered in Haddenham.
Officers initially arrested four men in connection with the �2.4 million factory found in the village but further investigations led them to make two more arrests on Tuesday.
Forty-four -year-old Marcus Burton of Montfort Way, Cambridge was arrested and charged with conspiracy to produce cannabis and will appear before magistrates in Cambridge this morning (Wednesday).
A 40-year-old man from Huntingdon was also arrested but later bailed to return to Parkside Police Station in Cambridge.
You may also want to watch:
Three men appeared before magistrates in Cambridge on Saturday to answer charges of conspiracy to produce a class B drug.
Police discovered more than 7,000 cannabis plants following a raid at Tree Farm on Hill Row, Haddenham on July 8 with an estimated street value of more than �2 million.
- 1 Councillors praised for 'tireless' illegal encampment work
- 2 East Cambs could be getting five new walking routes
- 3 Former deputy mayor wants to move Newmarket to Cambridgeshire
- 4 Round one to High Flyer after highways gives thumbs up to giant mug
- 5 'Panicked' dangerous driver apologises after 90mph police pursuit
- 6 Our weekly round-up of what Ely Standard readers have to say
- 7 Customers report summerhouse builder to fraud investigators
- 8 Foodbank receives ‘kind’ cash donation from housebuilder
- 9 Leader’s reminder of human cost of £100k homes fall-out
- 10 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
Forty-year-old Michael Orchard from Orchard Close in Warboys, Craig Green, 29, of Primose Lane, Huntingdon and 24-year-old Kyle Green, also of Primose Lane in Huntingdon appeared before magistrates on Saturday where they were remanded in custody to appear at Cambridge Crown Court on October 15 for a plea hearing.