A DOZEN visitors from Soham s new twin town, Andrézieux-Bouthéon, near Lyon in southern France, have just completed a packed four-day stay in England. For most of them it was a first venture across the Channel, and they were keen to get the flavour of an
A DOZEN visitors from Soham's new twin town, Andrézieux-Bouthéon, near Lyon in southern France, have just completed a packed four-day stay in England. For most of them it was a first venture across the Channel, and they were keen to get the flavour of an English Christmas.
They began with the illuminations in Ely and Soham, and took part in Soham's late shopping event on Friday - complete with Santa Claus and the Fenland Majorettes.
Saturday was a trip to London, the visitors returning weary but very happy. As well as the main tourist sights, there was a nod to culture in an hour's visit to the National Gallery.
On Sunday, the party walked around the Cambridge colleges in brilliant sunshine, before that most traditional of English treats, the pantomime - the sparkling production of Aladdin at the Cambridge Arts Theatre.
You may also want to watch:
The Carol Service in St Andrew's Church in Soham and a trip to Wisbech's splendid Christmas market rounded off the programme.
INFO: If you are interested in finding out more about the Soham Twinning Association, contact 01353 624932.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 3 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 4 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 5 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 6 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 7 Transport company donates advertising to children’s brain tumour charity
- 8 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 9 Gym’s ‘money for miles’ Children in Need fundraiser
- 10 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse