Twelve months behind bars for Kentford man found with three kilograms of cannabis
- Credit: Archant
A man has been jailed for 12 months after being found in possession of drugs.
On August 6 last year (2015) officers attempted to stop a silver Mercedes E320 following suspicions that the driver was banned from driving.
The driver of the vehicle, Hanif Shakeri, of Bury Road, Kentford, failed to stop and then made off on foot along Southbrooke Close, Cambridge.
Officers made chase and stopped Shakeri a short distance later in Paget Road and found him to be in possession of a bag containing approximately two kilograms of cannabis.
A search of the vehicle revealed a further kilogram.
You may also want to watch:
The 28-year-old was arrested and charged with possession with intent to supply class B drugs.
Shakeri today pleaded guilty at Cambridge Crown Court and was sentenced to 12 months in prison, suspended for 12 months, He was also ordered to pay a victim surcharge of £100.
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 3 Triple judo Olympic champion to give masterclass for Ely Dojo
- 4 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 5 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 6 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 7 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire
- 8 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut
- 9 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 10 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
PC Dan Smith said: “Illegal drug use will not be tolerated in Cambridgeshire.
“We continue to focus on drug offending to tackle the issues our communities care about.”