TV star Clare Balding to take centre stage at launch of her new book in Ely Cathedral
- Credit: Archant
TV presenter and broadcaster Clare Balding will be in Ely next week to talk about her new book, Walking Home.
An accomplished presenter, Clare has been at the heart of TV sports coverage for many years. Her love of sport in general, but particularly her enthusiasm for horse racing and the great outdoors, has endeared her to the country.
In her Radio 4 show, Rambling, Clare combined her joy in nature and her skill as an interviewer, taking hundreds of walks with well known figures and using a shared ramble to give an insight into their lives and interests.
In her new book, Walking Home, Clare discusses her love affair with walking in the English countryside and the way she discovered Britain in all of its mud and glory.
This is the story of the North East Coastal Path, the South Downs and Milngavie, and also the stories of the people that she has met and her adventures with them along the way.
She will be appearing in Ely Cathedral on Wednesday, September 17, to talk about walking, interviewing, and life at the forefront of British television.
The event is being hosted by Ely’s High Street bookseller Topping and doors open at 6.45pm.
- 1 'He saved my life' - Karolina thanks optician after spotting unknown brain tumour
- 2 Two suffer serious injuries after A10 crash
- 3 Jail for fraudulent accountant who tried to steal £200k of employer’s money
- 4 Baby murder trial hears mother joked tot self-harmed
- 5 Cyclist in hospital with life-threatening injuries after crash
- 6 Man subjected to 'unprovoked attack' at village pavilion
- 7 Bank cards, electrical items and jewellery stolen in burglary
- 8 New cops truck catches out law-breaking drivers in successful week
- 9 Father and son accused of man's murder set to stand trial this summer
- 10 Poet, Jo, shares poem in memory of sister to mark World Cancer Day
Tickets for the event start at £10. To find out more, or to book, visit www.toppingbooks.co.uk or call 01353 645005.