TV star Clare Balding to take centre stage at launch of her new book in Ely Cathedral
- Credit: Archant
TV presenter and broadcaster Clare Balding will be in Ely next week to talk about her new book, Walking Home.
An accomplished presenter, Clare has been at the heart of TV sports coverage for many years. Her love of sport in general, but particularly her enthusiasm for horse racing and the great outdoors, has endeared her to the country.
In her Radio 4 show, Rambling, Clare combined her joy in nature and her skill as an interviewer, taking hundreds of walks with well known figures and using a shared ramble to give an insight into their lives and interests.
In her new book, Walking Home, Clare discusses her love affair with walking in the English countryside and the way she discovered Britain in all of its mud and glory.
This is the story of the North East Coastal Path, the South Downs and Milngavie, and also the stories of the people that she has met and her adventures with them along the way.
You may also want to watch:
She will be appearing in Ely Cathedral on Wednesday, September 17, to talk about walking, interviewing, and life at the forefront of British television.
The event is being hosted by Ely’s High Street bookseller Topping and doors open at 6.45pm.
- 1 Stagecoach suspends Milton park and ride
- 2 Farm shop receives 'overwhelming' response ahead of opening
- 3 Ely named the UK’s most baby-friendly location
- 4 30 East Cambs candidates compete for 8 Cambridgshire County council seats
- 5 Ely man caught after nine months on the run from Suffolk prison
- 6 Burglary tip-off unearths £1.38m cannabis 'factory'
- 7 Contractors 'did not follow the brief' when it came to drain maintenance
- 8 Cineworld Ely expected to reopen in May
- 9 Slimmer launches weight loss group after losing three stone
- 10 Lunging challenge in boyfriend's memory raises thousands for charity
Tickets for the event start at £10. To find out more, or to book, visit www.toppingbooks.co.uk or call 01353 645005.