TV star Clare Balding to take centre stage at launch of her new book in Ely Cathedral
- Credit: Archant
TV presenter and broadcaster Clare Balding will be in Ely next week to talk about her new book, Walking Home.
An accomplished presenter, Clare has been at the heart of TV sports coverage for many years. Her love of sport in general, but particularly her enthusiasm for horse racing and the great outdoors, has endeared her to the country.
In her Radio 4 show, Rambling, Clare combined her joy in nature and her skill as an interviewer, taking hundreds of walks with well known figures and using a shared ramble to give an insight into their lives and interests.
In her new book, Walking Home, Clare discusses her love affair with walking in the English countryside and the way she discovered Britain in all of its mud and glory.
This is the story of the North East Coastal Path, the South Downs and Milngavie, and also the stories of the people that she has met and her adventures with them along the way.
You may also want to watch:
She will be appearing in Ely Cathedral on Wednesday, September 17, to talk about walking, interviewing, and life at the forefront of British television.
The event is being hosted by Ely’s High Street bookseller Topping and doors open at 6.45pm.
- 1 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 4 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 5 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 6 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 7 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 8 Council expects to spend £2.4m less on older people due to 'Covid loss'
- 9 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
- 10 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment
Tickets for the event start at £10. To find out more, or to book, visit www.toppingbooks.co.uk or call 01353 645005.