TV dream is near reality
SOHAM youngsters could be heading for their West End debut after hitting the top 10 in the search for a choir for the BBC programme Any Dream Will Do. The 20 children from St Andrew s School were voted into 10th place out of more than 800 choirs when voti
SOHAM youngsters could be heading for their West End debut after hitting the top 10 in the search for a choir for the BBC programme Any Dream Will Do.
The 20 children from St Andrew's School were voted into 10th place out of more than 800 choirs when voting kicked off on a special website last week.
With voting carrying on this week the final 20 choirs will be announced tomorrow (Friday) with the winner finally revealed the following Tuesday.
The show is masterminded by leading West End theatre producer Andrew Lloyd Weber and presented by Graham Norton.
Each week amateur performers are rejected as the hunt goes on to find Joseph to take the lead in a stage production of Joseph and the Technicolour Dreamcoat.
The choir competition is being run alongside the search for Joseph and the winning choir will perform on the show and in a special Children in Need show in the West End.
- 1 Pedestrian struck on Ely Road in Littleport
- 2 Mexican restaurant to open inside former Frankie & Benny's in Ely
- 3 Council bans use of agricultural land to extend garden
- 4 Village road closing for five weeks for temporary barrier installation
- 5 Former Baptist chapel to be turned into four-bedroom house
- 6 ‘It’s been like this for 11 months’ - woman’s assisted refuse collection failure
- 7 Councillor hits out at 'huge intransigence' over splash pad project
- 8 Soham tribute to 'honest, funny, intelligent and understanding human being'
- 9 Ex-soldier Rob on a mission to bring 'ideas and energy' to Ely
- 10 'A little talent very thinly spread' Mike Rouse, in his own words
Anyone wishing to vote for the Soham youngsters should log on to www.josephchoirsearch.co.uk