TV dream is near reality
SOHAM youngsters could be heading for their West End debut after hitting the top 10 in the search for a choir for the BBC programme Any Dream Will Do. The 20 children from St Andrew s School were voted into 10th place out of more than 800 choirs when voti
SOHAM youngsters could be heading for their West End debut after hitting the top 10 in the search for a choir for the BBC programme Any Dream Will Do.
The 20 children from St Andrew's School were voted into 10th place out of more than 800 choirs when voting kicked off on a special website last week.
With voting carrying on this week the final 20 choirs will be announced tomorrow (Friday) with the winner finally revealed the following Tuesday.
The show is masterminded by leading West End theatre producer Andrew Lloyd Weber and presented by Graham Norton.
You may also want to watch:
Each week amateur performers are rejected as the hunt goes on to find Joseph to take the lead in a stage production of Joseph and the Technicolour Dreamcoat.
The choir competition is being run alongside the search for Joseph and the winning choir will perform on the show and in a special Children in Need show in the West End.
- 1 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 2 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 3 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 4 Ely Cathedral hosts legendary jockey Frankie Dettori's only book signing
- 5 Retired murder detective, Russell, releases first book in new crime series
- 6 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 7 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 8 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 9 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 10 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
Anyone wishing to vote for the Soham youngsters should log on to www.josephchoirsearch.co.uk