TV and pop star adds festive sparkle to slimming awards
- Credit: Archant
A pair of super-slimmers from Ely met with singer and TV presenter Peter Andre as part of an annual awards ceremony.
Sharon Heaps and Karen Roe were given the chance to cuddle up to Andre when he co-hosted the Slimming World Awards with the organisation’s chair and founder Margaret Miles-Bramwell OBE.
Ms Heaps, who runs weekly Slimming World groups at Littleport Leisure Centre and in the village hall, in Swaffham Prior, said meeting the Mysterious Girl and Insania singer was a wonderful way to round off a great 12 months for slimmers in Ely.
She said: “Meeting Peter was a real treat – he was such a nice guy – and a great way to celebrate all of that.
“Now I feel powered up and I can’t wait to help my members hold on to all of the fabulous changes they’ve made, and to support even more people to become happier and healthier in 2015.”
Two-time celebrity dad-of-the-year Peter, who famously featured on the ITV show I’m a Celebrity in 2004 and now presents Peter Andre’s 60 Minute Makeover, said he was delighted to meet Sharon and Karen at the event, which was held at Birmingham’s International Convention Centre.
Ms Roe, who runs a Slimming World group at Larkfields Resource Centre and Ely Beet Sports & Social Club, added: “Everyone will be sure of a fab start with Slimming World this New Year and even if people have struggled to stick to weight loss plans in the past, I know we can help them to make a change for life this time around – my members and their success are proof of that.”
- 1 Back garden log cabin needs permission says council
- 2 Preschool 'special in people's hearts' to close after more than 30 years
- 3 Daughter pays tribute to model engineer who 'tried his hand at anything'
- 4 BMX star, 11, hopes world debut can lead to Olympics dream
- 5 ‘It’s sadly coming to a natural end’ - restaurant to close its doors by August
- 6 Change of plan for A142 Mepal bridge works as July closures announced
- 7 ‘Inspirational’ teacher, Esmeralda, honoured in national teaching awards
- 8 21st century agreement on future of 17th century pub
- 9 New bid for housing thwarted by Great Crested Newts
- 10 Platinum Jubilee: The Queen's visits to Cambridgeshire in pictures
For more information, call Sharon on 01353 861499 or Karen on 07536 087608 or visit www.slimmingworld.com