TV and pop star adds festive sparkle to slimming awards
- Credit: Archant
A pair of super-slimmers from Ely met with singer and TV presenter Peter Andre as part of an annual awards ceremony.
Sharon Heaps and Karen Roe were given the chance to cuddle up to Andre when he co-hosted the Slimming World Awards with the organisation’s chair and founder Margaret Miles-Bramwell OBE.
Ms Heaps, who runs weekly Slimming World groups at Littleport Leisure Centre and in the village hall, in Swaffham Prior, said meeting the Mysterious Girl and Insania singer was a wonderful way to round off a great 12 months for slimmers in Ely.
She said: “Meeting Peter was a real treat – he was such a nice guy – and a great way to celebrate all of that.
“Now I feel powered up and I can’t wait to help my members hold on to all of the fabulous changes they’ve made, and to support even more people to become happier and healthier in 2015.”
You may also want to watch:
Two-time celebrity dad-of-the-year Peter, who famously featured on the ITV show I’m a Celebrity in 2004 and now presents Peter Andre’s 60 Minute Makeover, said he was delighted to meet Sharon and Karen at the event, which was held at Birmingham’s International Convention Centre.
Ms Roe, who runs a Slimming World group at Larkfields Resource Centre and Ely Beet Sports & Social Club, added: “Everyone will be sure of a fab start with Slimming World this New Year and even if people have struggled to stick to weight loss plans in the past, I know we can help them to make a change for life this time around – my members and their success are proof of that.”
- 1 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 2 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 3 WATCH: The Fens celebrates its own 'Ark of Triumph'
- 4 Man found dead in March
- 5 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 6 MP oversees climate change mock debate at Ely College
- 7 Pubs team up to raise £3,500 for British Heart Foundation
- 8 Church to hold churchyards training day
- 9 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 10 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
For more information, call Sharon on 01353 861499 or Karen on 07536 087608 or visit www.slimmingworld.com