Turning wood into unique art
THE annual Ely Arts Society exhibition is at the Hayward Theatre, King s School. The exhibition, which will feature the work of both amateur and professional artists, has been organised by the Ely Arts Society in partnership with the Ely Guild of Woodturn
THE annual Ely Arts Society exhibition is at the Hayward Theatre, King's School.
The exhibition, which will feature the work of both amateur and professional artists, has been organised by the Ely Arts Society in partnership with the Ely Guild of Woodturners.
Admission is free, and the event will offer visitors the opportunity to purchase unique hand-turned wooden items and paintings, not available in any shops.
Chairman of the Arts Society Ken Walters said: "There will be all sorts of works exhibited. Oil paintings, watercolours and hand-turned wooden items, all of which will be on sale from Monday."
The event was officially opened by the Mayor of Ely, John Ison, on Sunday night, and was followed by a private viewing attended by various dignitaries from the area.
Mr Walters, an acclaimed artist himself, highlighted the high quality of the work to be shown. "The paintings of our members are all top quality and the work of the Ely Guild of Woodturners is of a high standard too," he said.
- 1 Smoke plume in village near Cambridge thought to be car fire
- 2 Cambridgeshire man kicked and headbutted police officers
- 3 Have your say on proposed commercial development in Ely
- 4 Casualty treated for smoke inhalation following house fire
- 5 Threat to cancel or 'indefinitely pause' £450m Ely rail upgrade
- 6 Stansted Airport and Cambridge trains disrupted after tree falls on tracks
- 7 Duke and Duchess of Cambridge arrive in Newmarket for Cambs County Day
- 8 Development plans submitted for next phase of Cambridge North
- 9 IN PICTURES: Wills and Kate visit Cambridgeshire's first County Day
- 10 Headteacher ‘extremely proud’ after school receives games mark award
INFO: Open from 10am to 6pm daily, the exhibition will run until Bank Holiday Monday (August 28).