Tumble Tots Ely team bake and walk to raise £500 for dementia charity
- Credit: Archant
The team at Tumble Tots in Ely have raised hundreds of pounds for the Dementia UK charity by completing a series of baking and walking fundraisers.
To mark the physical play programme for children's 40th birthday the team decided to do something to support a cause that's close to their hearts.
Sharon Bubb, of Tumble Tots Ely, said: "One in three born this year will go on to develop dementia and there's no known cure, so we want to raise funds and awareness.
"We have been inspired watching children and dementia patients interacting in recent BBC documentaries and want to do what we can to help.
"Our staff and customers have thoroughly enjoyed eating cakes and donating to the cause.
You may also want to watch:
"Staff also took on 'the Orwell Challenge' covering a 25 mile distance, gaining sponsorship of over £250 taking to total raised to over £500."
For more information visit www.tumbletots.com/ely
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 'My UK dream became a reality': World first sake brewery launches in Ely
- 3 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 4 Transport company donates advertising to children’s brain tumour charity
- 5 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 6 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 7 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 8 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 9 Gym’s ‘money for miles’ Children in Need fundraiser
- 10 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens