Tumble dryer fire breaks out in city pub
- Credit: Archant
A tumble dryer caught fire in a pub in Ely’s city centre on Saturday.
Firefighters from Ely and Littleport were called to the Royal Standard, in Fore Hill, at about 7.15am.
Firefighters arrived to find a tumble dryer on fire in the building. Wearing breathing apparatus they extinguished it using a hose reel and a carbon dioxide extinguisher.
The cause of the fire was accidental and there were no casualties reported.
The following evening, firefighters from Ely were again in action, this time attending to a chimney fire in Pymore Lane, Pymoor, at about 10.19pm.
You may also want to watch:
They extinguished the blaze using chimney rodding and used a thermal imaging camera to check for hotspots.
A fire service spokesman said: “Please ensure that you get your chimney swept and the brickwork inspected at least once a year. This will help to prevent a chimney fire.”
- 1 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 2 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 3 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 4 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 5 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 6 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 7 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 8 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 9 Prison escapees found with stolen £30,000 car thanks to quick-thinking neighbour
- 10 Council expects to spend £2.4m less on older people due to 'Covid loss'