Tumble dryer causes blaze in city flat
A FLAT fire in Ely started after a tumble dryer overheated.
Fire-fighters from the city’s station were called out to a property on Walsingham Way at about 9.30am on Tuesday after neighbours reported seeing smoke coming from a first-floor flat.
Ambulance crews also attended and a man was treated at the scene for smoke inhalation.
An investigation revealed that the fire had started after a tumble dryer overheated.
Brett Mills, watch commander at Ely Fire Station said: “A lot of fires are started by electrical appliances, but they can be avoided.
You may also want to watch:
“Regularly cleaning the tumble dryer filter should prevent it from overheating
- 1 Opposition sign historic power sharing agreement to seize control of county council
- 2 'Horrific ordeal' of saleswoman tied up, restrained and sexually assaulted
- 3 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 4 Charity shop supervisor fraudster must pay back £2,550
- 5 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list
- 6 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 7 Railways to royalty - a nostalgic look at Ely and Cambridgeshire
- 8 Man arrested on suspicion of assault
- 9 Residents reminisce as they dance, drink and get tattoos
- 10 Watch as police smash their way into suspected drug dealer’s flat