Tumble dryer causes blaze in city flat
A FLAT fire in Ely started after a tumble dryer overheated.
Fire-fighters from the city’s station were called out to a property on Walsingham Way at about 9.30am on Tuesday after neighbours reported seeing smoke coming from a first-floor flat.
Ambulance crews also attended and a man was treated at the scene for smoke inhalation.
An investigation revealed that the fire had started after a tumble dryer overheated.
Brett Mills, watch commander at Ely Fire Station said: “A lot of fires are started by electrical appliances, but they can be avoided.
You may also want to watch:
“Regularly cleaning the tumble dryer filter should prevent it from overheating
- 1 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 2 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 3 Son's touching tribute: 'My father fought with passion for that in which he believed'
- 4 Biggest village in Cambridgeshire to get even bigger
- 5 Man named following fatal collision
- 6 Max and Chloe become pioneers of community housing success in Cambs village
- 7 Ex-councillor launches 'one million steps' charity challenge
- 8 First large-scale Cambs Covid-19 vaccination centres open this week
- 9 Ambulance charity first in East to transfer Covid-19 patients by air