Tumble dryer causes blaze in city flat
A FLAT fire in Ely started after a tumble dryer overheated.
Fire-fighters from the city’s station were called out to a property on Walsingham Way at about 9.30am on Tuesday after neighbours reported seeing smoke coming from a first-floor flat.
Ambulance crews also attended and a man was treated at the scene for smoke inhalation.
An investigation revealed that the fire had started after a tumble dryer overheated.
Brett Mills, watch commander at Ely Fire Station said: “A lot of fires are started by electrical appliances, but they can be avoided.
You may also want to watch:
“Regularly cleaning the tumble dryer filter should prevent it from overheating
- 1 Independent shop full of fresh food – despite national shortage
- 2 Christmas lights switch-on event cancelled over 'Covid uncertainty'
- 3 Mark's 27 unanswered questions over volunteers to control parking
- 4 ‘High risk’ paedophile had indecent images of children on his phone
- 5 Off-duty detective snares £200k drug dealer
- 6 Did you bite your husband's leg? ‘No, he knocked all my teeth out- I could not bite his leg’
- 7 Tractor driver error may have caused freight derailment in the Fens
- 8 Van driver in ‘life threatening condition’ after crash
- 9 Top Cabinet post for NE Cambs MP Steve Barclay
- 10 Man confronted in live stream cleared of all sex abuse allegations