Try your hand at a writers competition in Ely
- Credit: Archant
A renowned Ely author will be one of the judges for a writing competition which takes place next month.
The competition is associated with a Writers’ Day at Ely Library on Saturday March 21.
The other judges, also well known local people, are Annabel Reddick of Burrows Bookshop and Brenda Mead from Cambridge Library.
Mary Nichols is an experienced and successful writer, whose book The Summer House (2009), was for a while top of the Amazon rankings for sagas.
She is also a prolific writer of Mills and Boons novels.
You may also want to watch:
To enter the Ely writers competition, send your unpublished 500-word short story to firstname.lastname@example.org by February 21.
Entry to the competition and the event is free, although voluntary donations will be requested.
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 3 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 4 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 5 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 6 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 7 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 8 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 9 Stanley, 95, publishes first book to beat lockdown blues
- 10 Heroin dealer kept machete at home
Contact Rosemary Westwell if you would like to book a place at the Writers’ Day when Ms Nichols will be one of the authors sharing her experiences. Email email@example.com.