Try your hand at a writers competition in Ely
- Credit: Archant
A renowned Ely author will be one of the judges for a writing competition which takes place next month.
The competition is associated with a Writers’ Day at Ely Library on Saturday March 21.
The other judges, also well known local people, are Annabel Reddick of Burrows Bookshop and Brenda Mead from Cambridge Library.
Mary Nichols is an experienced and successful writer, whose book The Summer House (2009), was for a while top of the Amazon rankings for sagas.
She is also a prolific writer of Mills and Boons novels.
You may also want to watch:
To enter the Ely writers competition, send your unpublished 500-word short story to email@example.com by February 21.
Entry to the competition and the event is free, although voluntary donations will be requested.
- 1 Stagecoach suspends Milton park and ride
- 2 Man, 27, punched schoolchildren and women in unprovoked attack
- 3 Everything you need to know about Mad Hatters eco festival
- 4 Littleport tops poll for the lowest turnout in council elections
- 5 30 East Cambs candidates compete for 8 Cambridgshire County council seats
- 6 Second World War and SAS hero remembered with new street signs
- 7 Footballer hopes Wembley 'dream' can bolster Cambridge career
- 8 Nostalgic throwback to places and faces of Ely's past
- 9 Ely named the UK’s most baby-friendly location
- 10 Election 2021: Counting gets under way in East Cambridgeshire
Contact Rosemary Westwell if you would like to book a place at the Writers’ Day when Ms Nichols will be one of the authors sharing her experiences. Email firstname.lastname@example.org.