Trip of a lifetime thanks to the Liam Fairhurst Foundation
- Credit: Archant
A trip of a lifetime to Disneyland was enjoyed by 20 families from across the country thanks to the Liam Fairhurst Foundation.
Around 80 people packed their bags and set off on the adventure thanks to continued fund raising by the Soham-based charity.
The foundation, started by Liam’s brother Callum, realises the importance of helping everybody around young people including parents and siblings.
A spokesman said: “Many of these young people such as siblings are forgotten about and the foundation ensures they are helped whilst still helping the young person during, before and after time at hospital.”
The foundation provides grants for families with a child affected by cancer, disabilities or illness, provides grants to organisations who help with things like respite care and also the annual Disneyland trip.
You may also want to watch:
The next big fund raising event is a Skydive on April 4.
- 1 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 2 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 3 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 4 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 5 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 6 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 7 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 8 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
- 9 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 10 Council expects to spend £2.4m less on older people due to 'Covid loss'