Trip down memory lane at Little Thetford Acorns pre-school’s 40th birthday party
- Credit: Archant
Former pupils and current staff celebrated the 40th birthday of Little Thetford Acorns Pre-School with a party at the weekend.
Hundreds looked through photo albums, newspaper articles and shared memories together during Saturday’s event - including children who attended the school in 1976.
Jenny Staines, who started the pre-school along with help from other mums in the village 40 years ago, gave a speech and cut the birthday cake.
Clair Melloy, who helped organise the party, said: “It was lovely to see so many people there that have supported us over the 40 years.”
Zoe Corley, setting manager, said: “I am overwhelmed with the attendance and support from everyone.
You may also want to watch:
“It was lovely to hear so many memories.”
Originally set up in 1976, the pre-school operated from the village hall. Since then it has grown to offer childcare from 7.45am to 6pm and in 2010 a childcare building was built, designed to operate both pre-school and out of school club sessions as well as holiday clubs.
- 1 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 2 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 3 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 4 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 5 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 6 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 7 Drunk driver failed to spot police car parked next to her
- 8 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 9 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 10 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
It was then that little Thetford Pre-school changed its name to - Little Thetford Pre-school & Children’s Club.
Little Thetford Acorns Pre-School received a ‘good’ Ofsted in August.