Trip down memory lane at Little Thetford Acorns pre-school’s 40th birthday party
- Credit: Archant
Former pupils and current staff celebrated the 40th birthday of Little Thetford Acorns Pre-School with a party at the weekend.
Hundreds looked through photo albums, newspaper articles and shared memories together during Saturday’s event - including children who attended the school in 1976.
Jenny Staines, who started the pre-school along with help from other mums in the village 40 years ago, gave a speech and cut the birthday cake.
Clair Melloy, who helped organise the party, said: “It was lovely to see so many people there that have supported us over the 40 years.”
Zoe Corley, setting manager, said: “I am overwhelmed with the attendance and support from everyone.
“It was lovely to hear so many memories.”
Originally set up in 1976, the pre-school operated from the village hall. Since then it has grown to offer childcare from 7.45am to 6pm and in 2010 a childcare building was built, designed to operate both pre-school and out of school club sessions as well as holiday clubs.
- 1 Police take a tough stance as begging crackdown continues
- 2 ‘Wonderful’ Thanksgiving Evensong as Archdeacon steps down from role after 17 years
- 3 Tomorrow's lunar eclipse: How and when to see it
- 4 REVEALED: The 'gang of five' who want Dr Nik Johnson gone
- 5 Latino 'feeling' comes together for South American venue on launch night
- 6 Ely by-election after death of 'marvellous' parish councillor
- 7 Yarn-bombing returns to city ahead of the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee
- 8 Visit Ely announces series of fun-packed events ahead of The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee
- 9 Detached home in tranquil riverside setting on sale for £750,000
- 10 7 places where you can tuck into a carvery in Cambridgeshire
It was then that little Thetford Pre-school changed its name to - Little Thetford Pre-school & Children’s Club.
Little Thetford Acorns Pre-School received a ‘good’ Ofsted in August.