Attacker, armed with knives, arrived by taxi to repeatedly stab kidnap victim


Ebony Dean, 26, her boyfriend Mohamed Sharif, and George Evens, jailed for a total of 37 years for kidnap and GBH. - Credit: Cambs Police

Three people who kidnapped a teenager and marched him to field where they stabbed him with knives have been jailed for a total of 37 years. 

Ebony Dean, 26, her boyfriend Mohamed Sharif, 24, and two unidentified men, carried out the “sustained” and “sickening” attack on 17 January last year. 

Dean and Sharif waited in a silver Vauxhall Astra in Norfolk Street, Cambridge, as their two accomplices approached the victim, who was 18 at the time and known to them. 

He was forced into the Astra and driven around for hours while being beaten periodically. 

The group threatened to “take him to the middle of nowhere and kill him”. 

They eventually stopped at the entrance to a field in Church Lane, Sawston, in the early hours of January 18. 

The man was frog-marched into the field and again beaten before Sharif made a phone call to George Evans, 23, asking him to bring knives. 

Most Read

Evans arrived about half an hour later in a taxi with several knives, handing them out to the others. 

The victim had his fingers sawn before being stabbed in his buttocks and thigh.  

He was left in the field and told to knock at a nearby house to “sort himself out”. 

Police were quickly made aware of the incident and initial investigations identified Dean and Sharif as the driver and a passenger, respectively, in the Astra. Further enquiries revealed it was Evans who had answered Sharif’s call. 

Dean and Sharif, both of Bermuda Road, Cambridge, were found guilty of kidnap and causing grievous bodily harm with intent following a trial in September. 

Evans, of Rustat Close, Cambridge, was found guilty of causing grievous bodily harm with intent and possessing an offensive weapon in a public place.  

On June 1 they were jailed at Cambridge Crown Court – Sharif for 15 years, Evans for 12 years and Dean for ten years. 

The judge also commended DC Ciaron Hickey and DS Graham Newton for their work on the case. 

DC Ciaron Hickey, who investigated, said: “This was a terrifying ordeal for a young and defenceless man, who was left fearing for his life. 

“It was a calculated attack, involving a worrying and sickening level of violence over a sustained period of time. 

“I’m hopeful that today’s sentencing will bring some closure for the victim.”