Trio held by police following weekend burglary spree across East Cambs
THREE men have been arrested on suspicion of burglary following a spate of break-ins across East Cambridgeshire.
Officers attempted to pull over a vehicle in Stuntney shortly after 2am on Monday, however it failed to stop and the occupants decamped and fled across neighbouring fields.
The helicopter was called in to assist with a search of the surrounding area and three men were arrested.
The men are being questioned in connection with a number of incidents across East Cambridgeshire over the weekend.
On Saturday (August 11) morning there were burglaries reported in The Chase and Dovehouse Close in Ely, along with four attempted break-ins in Yorke Way and one in Dovehouse Close.
In the early hours of yesterday morning (Sunday) there was a burglary in Kings Parade, Soham, and attempted break-ins in Station Road, Haddenham, and in Brook Street and Orchard Row in Soham,
The men, aged 18, 19 and 21, are all in custody at Parkside Police Station, in Cambridge.
- 1 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 2 Stolen caravans discovered on village site to relief of owners
- 3 A10 dualling facing new challenges
- 4 East Cambs Council bins green waste collections for seven weeks
- 5 Christmas at Wimpole illuminated trail sparks into life as countdown begins
- 6 Children among suspected hare coursers stopped in the Fens
- 7 Tributes paid to 'beloved husband' killed crossing road
- 8 Two-day operation to feature in episode four of TV series
- 9 Rough sleeping injunctions are ‘positive’ say council
- 10 LETTERS TO THE EDITOR: You have your say