Trio held by police following weekend burglary spree across East Cambs
THREE men have been arrested on suspicion of burglary following a spate of break-ins across East Cambridgeshire.
Officers attempted to pull over a vehicle in Stuntney shortly after 2am on Monday, however it failed to stop and the occupants decamped and fled across neighbouring fields.
The helicopter was called in to assist with a search of the surrounding area and three men were arrested.
The men are being questioned in connection with a number of incidents across East Cambridgeshire over the weekend.
On Saturday (August 11) morning there were burglaries reported in The Chase and Dovehouse Close in Ely, along with four attempted break-ins in Yorke Way and one in Dovehouse Close.
You may also want to watch:
In the early hours of yesterday morning (Sunday) there was a burglary in Kings Parade, Soham, and attempted break-ins in Station Road, Haddenham, and in Brook Street and Orchard Row in Soham,
The men, aged 18, 19 and 21, are all in custody at Parkside Police Station, in Cambridge.
- 1 'Well, here's another nice mess you've gotten me into'
- 2 Care home still 'requires improvement'
- 3 Bronze pig found at bottom of garden could be worth £10,000
- 4 Flooding highlights outline of English Civil War fort as rain fills moat
- 5 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 6 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 7 New Google Search data reveals Ely is one of Britain’s most tired cities
- 8 More GP surgeries prepare to give Covid-19 vaccinations
- 9 Vaccinated nurse tells of 'incredibly stressful' situation
- 10 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer