Trio held by police following weekend burglary spree across East Cambs
THREE men have been arrested on suspicion of burglary following a spate of break-ins across East Cambridgeshire.
Officers attempted to pull over a vehicle in Stuntney shortly after 2am on Monday, however it failed to stop and the occupants decamped and fled across neighbouring fields.
The helicopter was called in to assist with a search of the surrounding area and three men were arrested.
The men are being questioned in connection with a number of incidents across East Cambridgeshire over the weekend.
On Saturday (August 11) morning there were burglaries reported in The Chase and Dovehouse Close in Ely, along with four attempted break-ins in Yorke Way and one in Dovehouse Close.
You may also want to watch:
In the early hours of yesterday morning (Sunday) there was a burglary in Kings Parade, Soham, and attempted break-ins in Station Road, Haddenham, and in Brook Street and Orchard Row in Soham,
The men, aged 18, 19 and 21, are all in custody at Parkside Police Station, in Cambridge.
- 1 Village pub limits reopening to ‘bread and butter customers’ only
- 2 Park and ride from Milton to return next month
- 3 Action this day as new alliance slashes £72k from councillors' allowance budget
- 4 Witchford hold their heads high despite narrow Cambs League cup exit
- 5 Hifields to bring world-class artists and 6,000 festival-goers to Cambridgeshire countryside
- 6 Shoppers rush to help man injured after falling in High Street
- 7 Family pay tribute to ‘talented’ father-of-three veteran killed in crash
- 8 Letter: Amazing reunion for couple thanks to paramedics
- 9 Man charged with armed robbery in Fenland
- 10 Energy provider hopes green approach can take gardening by storm