Tricksters steal £600
A pensioner marched conmen out of his home like prisoners of war after they tricked him into believing they were from the water board. But after they left, their 80-year-old victim discovered they had escaped with £400 from his home in Church Lane, Hadd
A pensioner marched conmen out of his home like "prisoners of war" after they tricked him into believing they were from the water board.
But after they left, their 80-year-old victim discovered they had escaped with £400 from his home in Church Lane, Haddenham.
Just 40 minutes earlier on the other side of the village the men distracted a resident of Cherry Orchard and managed to get into the garden. But they failed to get into the house and left empty-handed.
An elderly couple in Saffron Close, Littleport were also targeted earlier in the evening by conmen who stole £200 in cash.
You may also want to watch:
All the offences happened around 6pm on June 14 but have only just been released by the police. Anyone with any information is asked to contact Ely Police on 0845 456 4564 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 'My UK dream became a reality': World first sake brewery launches in Ely
- 2 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 3 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 4 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 5 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 6 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 7 Transport company donates advertising to children’s brain tumour charity
- 8 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 9 Gym’s ‘money for miles’ Children in Need fundraiser
- 10 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut