Family pay tribute to 'truly special individual' killed in A1307 crash
- Credit: POLICE
The family of a woman who died in a collision with a petrol tanker near Addenbrooke’s Hospital paid tribute to a “truly special individual”.
Anna Garratt-Quinton, 22, of King Alfred Way, Denham, near Bedford, was cycling at just before 8am on Thursday when she was struck by a petrol tanker.
The collision happened at the junction of the A1307 with Fendon Road - near to Addenbrooke's Hospital, which was her place of work.
Today, Anna’s family released the following statement:
“Our dear Anna, taken from us too soon, a waste of a truly special individual.
You may also want to watch:
“The kindest soul, gentle and caring to the core. Her giggles, smile and sarcastic wit would light up a room.
"She was dedicated and hardworking, would never take a day off, but if she did you could be sure to find her in her pink spotty dressing gown.
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 5 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 6 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 7 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 8 Heroin dealer kept machete at home
- 9 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 10 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
“Effortlessly bright, her patients were lucky to have her. She is and always will be the best daughter, partner, auntie, sister, granddaughter, niece and so much more.
"The list could go on because she was truly beloved by all.
"Anyone who got to meet our Anna Spanner is truly blessed.”
An investigation into the collision continues and the driver of the lorry, a 27-year-old man from Hertford who was arrested on suspicion of causing death by careless or inconsiderate driving, has been released under investigation.
Police are appealing for anyone or saw the collision or who may have dashcam footage to get in touch.
Contact Sgt Tom Daly via 101 or contact police via webchat https://bit.ly/3vsiYDw quoting incident 66 of October 7.