Tributes paid to Sutton man killed in microlight crash
- Credit: Archant
A 70-year-old man from Sutton has died after the microlight he was flying crashed in a Northamptonshire field.
Phil Bendall’s aircraft crashed in a field near to a reservoir in Pitsford on Saturday after he travelled from Sywell Aerodrome.
Although an air ambulance was called, he sadly died at the scene.
Flylight Airsports posted a tribute picture on their Facebook page with the caption: “In memory of Phil Bendall who will be greatly missed by all at Flylight.”
One person who commented on the photo, said: “Rest in peace Phil. You’ll be very much missed by us all.”
You may also want to watch:
Another posted the comment: “A very sad day.”
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 3 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 4 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut
- 5 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 6 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 7 80 ‘pieces of graffiti’ removed by council in just six months
- 8 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire
- 9 Lets get Cambridgeshire back on the buses says mayor
- 10 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’