Tributes Paid To "Good Friend and Amazing Brother" Who Died On Saturday Night
THE family and friends of a teenager from Witchford who died following a road accident on Saturday night have paid tribute to a good friend and amazing brother . Darryl Manchett, 15, who died in Addenbrooke s Hospital in Cambridge on Sunday morning (July
THE family and friends of a teenager from Witchford who died following a road accident on Saturday night have paid tribute to a 'good friend and amazing brother'.
Darryl Manchett, 15, who died in Addenbrooke's Hospital in Cambridge on Sunday morning (July 26), was described by friends on the social networking site Facebook, as a 'wonderful, caring lad' who 'always had a smile on his face'.
Another tribute from a friend read: "You are a great lad and you're going to be missed so much. Going to miss your great smile which I might add you always had."
Police described earlier this week how the 15 year-old, who was a pupil at Cromwell Community College in Chatteris, had been involved in an accident at around 9pm on July 25 after his bicycle collided with a car in Church Lane, Wentworth. The driver and passenger of the car involved were uninjured.
You may also want to watch:
Dozens of flowers and cards have been left by the roadside at the scene of the accident in the small village with more than 250 people having logged on to share their memories of the teenager on a tribute page on the internet.
INFO: Police are appealing for witnesses to the incident, anyone who was in the area at the time and has any information should contact Pc Francis Crawford on 0345 4564564.
- 1 New Google Search data reveals Ely is one of Britain’s most tired cities
- 2 'Well, here's another nice mess you've gotten me into'
- 3 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 4 Flooding highlights outline of English Civil War fort as rain fills moat
- 5 Bronze pig found at bottom of garden could be worth £10,000
- 6 Vaccinated nurse tells of 'incredibly stressful' situation
- 7 Ely Cathedral's Covid-19 vaccination centre application was turned down
- 8 More GP surgeries prepare to give Covid-19 vaccinations
- 9 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 10 City runners out to go extra mile for charity cash