Tributes paid to former Littleport barber
- Credit: Archant
A tribute has been paid to a Littleport barber who was well known for running his business in the town.
David Houghton retired from his business eight years ago but was a popular barber, cutting the hair of Littleport people for many years.
Erika Urboniene, of Erikas Barber Shop, said: “I took over his shop about eight years ago when he left to retire.
“He was a great man, I had been working for him for four years and helped me when I was at the start of my career.
“I wouldn’t be here running the business without him, he was a really helpful person, a great work colleague and popular with all of his clients.
You may also want to watch:
“He was quite a quiet man but very good humoured and enjoyed chatting to people.”
Mr Houghton died in hospital. He leaves his wife Angela and two sons.
- 1 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 2 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 3 WATCH: The Fens celebrates its own 'Ark of Triumph'
- 4 Man found dead in March
- 5 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 6 MP oversees climate change mock debate at Ely College
- 7 Pubs team up to raise £3,500 for British Heart Foundation
- 8 Church to hold churchyards training day
- 9 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 10 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire