Tributes to ‘much-loved daughter and sister’ Sally Elizabeth Cavender: a man is in court today accused of her murder
- Credit: CAMBS POLICE
Tributes have been paid to a “much-loved daughter and sister” who died following an incident inside a Cambourne property.
Sally Elizabeth Cavender was taken to hospital on Wednesday, December 5 in critical condition after emergency services were called to the Lamb Drove home at 1.35am.
The 55-year-old died later that day after her condition deteriorated. A man has been charged with Sally’s murder and the attempted murder of a man.
Sally’s family have released a tribute to the “bright and bubbly girl who loved to travel and got to concerts”.
The tribute read: “Sally was a much-loved daughter and sister and we are all very shocked and saddened by this turn of events.
You may also want to watch:
“As her family we want to remember her as a bright, bubbly girl, who loved to travel and go to concerts and was full of laughter and fun.
“Sally didn’t have any children, but her mum, brother, sister and extended family are all supporting each other.
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 3 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 4 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 5 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 6 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 7 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 8 Stanley, 95, publishes first book to beat lockdown blues
- 9 Residents asked to share ideas on how improve cycling and walking in East Cambs town
- 10 Golf club's £8,850 donation for dementia singing charity All In Sound
“While we understand the media interest, we please ask for privacy so that, as a family, we can grieve at this very difficult time.
“We would like to thank the paramedics and staff at the intensive care unit for all their attempts to save her life, and we have every confidence in the ongoing police investigation.”
Robert Simpson-Scott, 43, of Lamb Drove, Cambourne, is the man charged with Sally’s murder and the attempted murder of a man in connection with the same incident.
He has been remanded in custody and is due to appear at Cambridge Magistrates’ Court this morning (December 7).
A post mortem examination is due to take place this morning at Addenbrooke’s Hospital in Cambridge.