Trial to give Ely students chance to work with Premier League newcomers Norwich City
- Credit: Archant
The last of three trial sessions that could see youngsters in East Cambridgeshire propelled into football and coaching superstardom is taking place in Ely in July.
Norwich City has joined up with Ely College Sixth Form to offer 24 students the chance to train with club coaches, represent the club in fixtures, take part in trips and learn about life in the sports business as part of a two-year scholarship.
The last of the three open sessions is being held on July 14 at the college, from 6-8pm.
The futsal-based session is for students aged 16-18.
A spokesman for the college, said: “Norwich City’s development programme presents a fantastic opportunity for young people in the region to use their passion for football as the basis for a possible career in the game, or indeed in the wider sports industry.
You may also want to watch:
“The programme requires commitment as well as skill, but the rewards will be second to none. I am delighted that Ely College Sixth Form is hosting this, and look forward to watching it develop in years to come.”
To register your initial interest in a scholarship and book on the trial, or have questions regarding any element of the programme, contact Alex Kaufman, on 07500229619 or e-mail, email@example.com
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 3 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 4 Triple judo Olympic champion to give masterclass for Ely Dojo
- 5 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 6 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 7 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 8 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 9 New-look Crusaders show fighting spirit to earn comeback triumph
- 10 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire