Trial finds man guilty f assault n girlfriend
A TEENAGE mum was left with a black eye and a bruised jaw after her byfriend attacked her during a rw. Aarn Isaacsn punched Kirsty Burrells in the face and stmach, and then dragged her utside. Twenty-three-year-ld Isaacsn had denied assault, but w
A TEENAGE mum was left with a black eye and a bruised jaw after her byfriend attacked her during a rw.
Aarn Isaacsn punched Kirsty Burrells in the face and stmach, and then dragged her utside.
Twenty-three-year-ld Isaacsn had denied assault, but was cnvicted after a trial, and this week was sentenced by Ely magistrates t 120-hurs f unpaid wrk. He must pay £450 twards the cst f his trial.
Prsecuting, Delia Matthews said Isaacsn, f Pppy Fields, Sham, had drunk half a bttle f wine and fur r five cans f lager befre ging utside and smashing the windscreen f his car.
You may also want to watch:
"It was clearly a tense situatin," said Mrs Matthews. "When he came back inside, Kirsty Burrells said she did nt want him there."
Isaacsn became physically aggressive. He clenched his fist and punched his partner in the stmach, and then punched her fur r five times in the face.
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 'My UK dream became a reality': World first sake brewery launches in Ely
- 3 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut
- 4 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 5 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 6 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 7 80 ‘pieces of graffiti’ removed by council in just six months
- 8 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 9 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 10 Lets get Cambridgeshire back on the buses says mayor
"She picked up the telephne t call the plice, but he tk it frm her, threw it n the flr, and brke it," added Mrs Matthews.
Miss Burrells left the prperty, but returned because she did nt want t leave her yung child. Isaacsn tld her t leave; he dragged her ut and tried t shut her utside.
When Miss Burrells returned, Isaacsn threw her t the flr, shuted, and pushed her against a wall.
Plice arrived and Isaacsn's partner tld them: "I was shcked and scared. I was wrried abut his temper and what will happen unless he learns t cntrl it."
This week Isaacsn said his relatinship with Miss Burrells cntinues, althugh he has been unable t see her, due t his bail cnditins.