Sir Trevor McDonald to talk about his new book at Lighthouse Centre in Ely
- Credit: Archant
Journalist and newsreader Sir Trevor McDonald is coming to Ely next week to talk about his new book.
He'll be at The Lighthouse Centre in Lynn Road, on Wednesday October 16 sharing the story behind 'An Improbable Life'.
In the book Sir Trevor recounts his personal experience of world events and interviews with globally famous - and sometimes notorious - figures.
He has witnessed war and death and risked his own life to meet and talk with despots and liberators.
Engaging, intimate and moving, it is the life story of a journalist and broadcaster who over decades has revealed history in the making.
You may also want to watch:
Admission costs £20 (inclduing book) or £7 (standard) in advance via www.toppingbooks.co.uk/events/ely/trevor-mcdonald/
Doors open at 7.10pm for a 7.30pm start.
- 1 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 2 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 3 WATCH: The Fens celebrates its own 'Ark of Triumph'
- 4 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 5 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 6 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 7 Man found dead in March
- 8 MP oversees climate change mock debate at Ely College
- 9 Pubs team up to raise £3,500 for British Heart Foundation
- 10 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car