Tree blcks prgress fr ec-hut plan
SCOUTS, Guides, Cubs, Beavers and Brwnies have raised nearly £15,000 t pay fr a new ec-hut n the Funtain Lane recreatin grund, but an ld tree is standing in the way f prgress. Clin Brk, frm Sham Scuts, tld the Ely Standard cuncil ffi
SCOUTS, Guides, Cubs, Beavers and Brwnies have raised nearly £15,000 t pay fr a new ec-hut n the Funtain Lane recreatin grund, but an ld tree is standing in the way f prgress.
Clin Brk, frm Sham Scuts, tld the Ely Standard cuncil fficers had refused t allw the tree t be cut dwn, despite the grups' pledge t plant new nes. The ptential site is classed as a cnservatin area and therefre cvered by a tree preservatin rder.
"We've cme t stalemate, but hpefully the district cuncil will see sense nw and start t mve things frward," said Mr Brk. An architect has been put n hld as until the exact lcatin is knwn, n details can be finalised, and n planning applicatin can be submitted t the District Cuncil in the near future, he added.
Yung members did a 'mail drp' advising residents abut the ptential hut, but nt ne persn mentined saving the tree. "The reasn why we wanted t put the hut near the back f the recreatin grund in the first place was t stp it encraching n the playing field," said Mr Brk.
"The scuts use the field as much as anyne. In the end, I just hpe we can get it srted."
Plans fr an ec-facility with rainwater harvesting, a climbing wall and a cane shed are in the pipeline, but fundraisers are still well shrt f their £300,000 target.
- 1 Petition launched to save village pub
- 2 Two food businesses closed after cockroach infestations found
- 3 Pub company comes out fighting to keep controversial cuppa sign
- 4 Police ‘increasingly concerned’ for woman missing since Wednesday
- 5 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 6 Murder trial jury told mother said she could not have children
- 7 College pupils bring School of Rock to life on stage
- 8 Man suffers injuries after A142 morning crash
- 9 Father accused of baby daughter's murder gave her squash, court told
- 10 Disciplinary action against anti-Pride pastor ‘never, ever about his religion’
An East Cambridgeshire District Cuncil spkes-man said until a frmal planning applicatin was submitted, n decisin culd be made n the site layut, but the scut grup had sught infrmal advice frm fficers.