Travellers leave car park in Soham as clean up begins
- Credit: Archant
A group of travellers that set up camp on a Soham car park have now left the area.
Around 10 caravans arrived on Clay Street car park last weekend.
East Cambridgeshire District Council (ECDC) said that they are now working to clear the site.
They tweeted: "We are aware that the unauthorised encampment at Clay Street in Soham has now left the area.
"We are working with East Cambs Street Scene to clear any waste left onsite.
"We thank residents for their patience during this time."
Police and officers from East Cambridgeshire District Council (ECDC) attended the site yesterday morning (September 24).
- 1 21st century agreement on future of 17th century pub
- 2 ‘It’s sadly coming to a natural end’ - restaurant to close its doors by August
- 3 ‘It’s been very rewarding’ - Letizia amazed by support for La Strega
- 4 New bid for housing thwarted by Great Crested Newts
- 5 Village barn struck by arsonists in 4am blaze
- 6 Change of plan for A142 Mepal bridge works as July closures announced
- 7 Axing BBC TV news from Cambridge 'a backward step' says MP
- 8 Littleport 'hit and run' on Victoria Street
- 9 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 10 Florist 'busier than ever' hoping to build from lockdown success
The Ross Peers Sports Centre also decided to close their car park following the arrival of the travellers.