Travellers leave car park in Soham as clean up begins
- Credit: Archant
A group of travellers that set up camp on a Soham car park have now left the area.
Around 10 caravans arrived on Clay Street car park last weekend.
East Cambridgeshire District Council (ECDC) said that they are now working to clear the site.
They tweeted: "We are aware that the unauthorised encampment at Clay Street in Soham has now left the area.
"We are working with East Cambs Street Scene to clear any waste left onsite.
You may also want to watch:
"We thank residents for their patience during this time."
Police and officers from East Cambridgeshire District Council (ECDC) attended the site yesterday morning (September 24).
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 3 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 4 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 5 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 6 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 7 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 8 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 9 New-look Crusaders show fighting spirit to earn comeback triumph
- 10 WATCH: The Fens celebrates its own 'Ark of Triumph'
The Ross Peers Sports Centre also decided to close their car park following the arrival of the travellers.