Plans submitted for traveller site in Wilburton
- Credit: Google Street View
A proposal for a traveller site with 10 pitches off a rural road in Wilburton has been submitted to East Cambridgeshire District Council.
The change of use application for land off Pools Road outlines each pitch will accommodate a residential static caravan and a touring caravan.
The plans also include access and hardstanding for the development.
A Design and Access Statement submitted with the plans explains “there is a need for additional pitches in the district to meet the needs of the Gypsy / Traveller population”.
Two previous applications for the site were previously refused because the developments failed show access for vehicles was safe, were at risk of flooding and would cause harm to the rural character of the area.
You may also want to watch:
The report also explains the application is partly retrospective and “either for a permanent or temporary permission”.
- 1 Man dies after falling from bridge on A14 between Histon and Milton
- 2 Rogue trader tells victim: 'I'll knock your lights out'
- 3 Council leader under fire for 'culture of bullying' in wake of farmgate scandal
- 4 Hickford QUITS ahead of damning report
- 5 Delivery riders and drivers wanted as Deliveroo launches in Ely
- 6 Golf club urges locals and dog walkers to ‘respect our private land’
- 7 Letter: Four new members join 'splash pad headquarters'
- 8 Ziggy is missing from Ely - your help is needed
- 9 Career mentor's 100k charity run aims to raise £1,000
- 10 Traffic, noise and anti-social behaviour among objections to new youth centre