Transport & General Workers Union
RETIRED Members Association held their monthly meeting on March 22. The speaker was Peter Jackson from Scotsdale Garden Centre. He talked about the plants which he had brought with him, and how to grow and care for them. After the talk he sold the plants
RETIRED Members Association held their monthly meeting on March 22. The speaker was Peter Jackson from Scotsdale Garden Centre. He talked about the plants which he had brought with him, and how to grow and care for them.
After the talk he sold the plants to members.
The chairman, in thanking Peter, said he felt sure we would all go home keen gardeners.
The next branch meeting will be on April 26 when there will be a presentation by John Gall regarding the work of the Emmaus Community at Landbeach.
You may also want to watch:
Names are now being taken for the annual summer outing to the Caithness Crystal Centre, King's Lynn or Hunstanton on June 14. Fare only £6 per person. From Littleport the coach departs 7.45am, then Soham 8.05am, then from the Church of the Good Shepherd, Mansel Way, Cambridge at 8.45am. The coach returns from Hunstanton at 5.30pm. To book your seat please call Gladys 01353 861091 or John Drake 01223 244030.
Albert (Bert) Cox of Soham, passed away at his home on Thursday March 9, aged 88 years. Funeral service was held at Cambridge Crematorium on March 21. Donations for the TGWU (retired members) Cambridge District can be sent to Ely Funeral Service Limited, Tower Road, Ely, Cambs. CB7 4HW.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 'My UK dream became a reality': World first sake brewery launches in Ely
- 3 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 4 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 5 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 6 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 7 Transport company donates advertising to children’s brain tumour charity
- 8 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 9 Gym’s ‘money for miles’ Children in Need fundraiser
- 10 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut