Traidcraft comes to Ely Inner Wheel
- Credit: Archant
The work of Traidcraft was on display for Ely Inner Wheel members during their latest meeting when they made plans for their next fund raising event along with preparations for Aquafest.
President Helen Shanassy introduced speaker Teresa Ely of Traidcraft who gave a brief history of the group’s work through Fair Trade, supporting small scale farmers and helping communities to flourish.
Teresa has been involved in Traidcraft for more than thirty years in Durham, Doncaster, Exeter and Wolverhampton though her husband’s methodist ministries.
She became a registered volunteer in 1984, buying goods herself and selling them on by holding open house days or through coffee mornings, promoting and providing a stall of Traidcraft goods wherever she could.
In total she has sold an estimated £100,000 of Traidcraft goods.
You may also want to watch:
The club’s international fund raising evening will take place on May 20 and its next meeting will be on Wednesday April 22 at The Old Dispensary at 7.30pm.
Speaker will be Debbie Bedford from Riding for the Disabled.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 3 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 4 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 5 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 6 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 7 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 8 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 9 Teen rape case prompts city market safety review
- 10 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
For details call 01353 662661.