Village crash leaves Vespa rider with serious injuries in Longstanton
- Credit: Google Earth
A 20-year-old Vespa rider is seriously injured after a Longstanton crash.
The man was riding his Piaggio Vespa northbound along Home Farm Road between the B1050 and the village on Sunday, May 8.
The rider left the road at around 5.20pm, and police and paramedics attended the scene.
He was taken to Addenbrooke's Hospital, Cambridge with serious injuries.
Sergeant Mark Atkins, from Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire and Hertfordshire Road Policing Unit, is investigating the crash.
Sergeant Atkins said: "I would like to hear from anyone who may have dashcam footage to assist in helping piece together what has happened.
"I am particularly keen to hear from anyone who may have dashcam footage to assist in helping piece together what has happened."
Anybody with information can contact officers online (https://www.cambs.police.uk/), or by phone on 101, quoting incident 359 of May 8.
- 1 Smoke plume in village near Cambridge thought to be car fire
- 2 Warwick Davis and daughter Annabelle cut the ribbon at special opening
- 3 Stansted Airport and Cambridge trains disrupted after tree falls on tracks
- 4 Caravan site wants 10 new lodges to cope with demand
- 5 Have your say on proposed commercial development in Ely
- 6 Casualty treated for smoke inhalation following house fire
- 7 Retiring café owner desperate not to see shop 'back at square one'
- 8 Insurers to pay for £725,000 house replacement
- 9 Threat to cancel or 'indefinitely pause' £450m Ely rail upgrade
- 10 IN PICTURES: Wills and Kate visit Cambridgeshire's first County Day
Police said no other vehicles were involved.